ModShot Stock
Tactical Innovations Elite22LC Receiver and Pike Arms bolt 
Volquartsen Ultralite carbon fiber barrel and TG2000 trigger 
Smoke Composites grip
Sig Romeo3XL

Weight 3.1 lbs with optic and shortened rear stock

BC

IMG_2761-75.thumb.jpg.c579cdc0eb622249edfbe92e669b2d0d.jpg

Very cool and lite [emoji106]I am on a quest to build the (lite ) 10/22 I can ,, in progress not complete yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Frozen said:

I did not know s&w had made that rifle for them ,,, I am a Ruger 10/22 addict but thought maybe I would like to shoot one of those tc

My barrel is Stamped S&W Springfield MA.  S&W is the parent company for T/C firearms.  I believe mostly all current T/C firearms are made by S&W in their plant. 

They are even making Performance Center R22 rifles now.  

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-tcr22-altamont-laminated-thumbhole-stock

Edited by robert3405

• 2 months later...

not super light, but basic set up I just built...Brownells BRN22 receiver with integral rail( I had mounts loosen on my 10/22 for STC), and 16" sport profile barrel... PMACA lightweight chassis...Ruger bolt, charging handle and BX trigger group (from Brownells, you need to look as the complete kit is considerably cheaper than individual parts)... short Magpul vfg on the front extension...Hogue over molded pistol grip, and AR adjustable stock with SOCOM angled cheek .... sight is a Vortex SPARC... shoot CCI Blazer

had ejection problems with Ruger 15 round mags.... if you look on the internet there are a variety of ways to tighten the front to rear clearance (noticeable difference in length of 10 round rotaries and the extended mag... a piece of duct tape on the "bump" and a second over the bump and sides for a trial tightening solved the problem... will use 10 rounders for competition in the future

Edited by Les Snyder

My wife's Kidd/Axiom/Wiland/C-more Railway comes in at 3 lbs./6 oz.  I've only shot it a few times, probably great on transitions, but I can hold my 5+ lb. PCC a bit steadier on bullseye targets.  The light rifle seems to require a very light touch.

Is it a crazy idea to shoot with SW 15-22? It is heavier than those who are expressed here. However,  the price tag is 1/4th. 

No it’s great [emoji106] if you are a AR15 guy it’s great cross training , I see a lot of 15/22 out in steel challenge competition

a lot of GM's that used a almost or completely stock 15/22 to make GM... That said some have hit a wall and have changed to some of the super lite 10/22 versions out there looking for those 1/10's    it often boils down to how much you are willing to spend to go light  ….. a old NASCAR saying  light, strong, cheep.... pick two   :)

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2019 at 9:45 PM, 427Cobra said:

Ruger 10/22 

Kidd Ultra Light Wieght 16 inch barrel 

PMACA LW Chassis

Pick your AR15 Stock

I am planning a lite weight 10/22 for SC competition...  Like the PMACA chassis because it will let me use AR grip and stock similar to my PCC.

What receiver did you use with your PMACA chassis?  They mention that the rear tang on the Kidd receiver is helpful...  Looks like that requires some additional machine work on the receiver...  Did you go with the Kidd receiver with the tang?

I will add my RFRO gun for the 2020 Steel Challenge season along with some thoughts....   I had this one down to around 3lb 3 oz or so but did not want to give up my C more over a vortex or my Kidd single stage over a tier 1 Brimstone so that put 5 oz back on  this current rifle... added some heavier foam grips and it is 3lb 8.9oz... My gun last year was around 3lb 11 or 12 oz... all of the weight savings on this years model is from the Wiland barrel that is around 3 oz lighter than the TacSol SBX.... That 3 oz is all off the front and feels more like a pound.   I have come to the conclusion that weight off the center and rear of the gun is of far less importance than the swinging front. the savings from milled receivers, titanium bolts, and other parts in the middle and rear of the gun are not worth the xtra cost other than bragging rights IMHO

IMG_1839.JPG

A RFRO 2020.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 11:40 AM, BillChunn said:

10/22 build:

ModShot Stock

Tactical Innovations Elite22LC Receiver and Pike Arms bolt 

Volquartsen Ultralite carbon fiber barrel and TG2000 trigger 

Smoke Composites grip

Sig Romeo3XL

Weight 3.1 lbs with optic and shortened rear stock

BC

IMG_2761-75.jpg

Bill - May I ask what this set up costs without the red dot?  Love that receiver....Thanks Mark

You can save a bit of money on the pistol grip by going with Magpul or any other AR15 grip.  Smoke Composites was selected as their stuff was used on my PCC and the owner provided a significant discount once he found out I was a USPSA and SCSA competitor.   The parts selected went for the lightest weight possible along with a left side charging handle.  Being on the left side also ment that the bolt had to come from the same company as the receiver (link) and it looks like they have increased the price up to $274.98 from $250.  That was just a personal preference, being right-handed it was just easier at "make ready"....

Another guy that was in my squad last weekend at a SC match had the same setup in black and said his father purchased it from Volquartsen (link to rifle) and their price is $1,769 without an optic.  That one has a right side charging handle.

BC

Edited by BillChunn

..I added a forward pressure point to securely mount the barrel of a BRN22 receiver to a PMACA lightweight chassis, without the addition of the Kidd rear mount...I added a Picatinny type rail (PMACA makes one you don't need to modify) on the bottom of the chassis fore end to attach an angled fore grip.... but had to reduce its thickness to fit... the mounting cap screws protruded slightly into the chassis, and I noticed that a short  1" or so piece of thick Picatinny rail that happened to by lying near-by had a similar concave radius to that of the barrel... I placed it in the forward portion of the chassis, and located it in place over one of the protruding mounting screws... a .020" shim was necessary to tighten it up, easily cut from a cola can and paper hole punch (about 5 thicknesses)...I had previously made a cola can shim to solidify the rear receiver to chassis fit, vertical lip to hold it in place.... a 12-24 allen headed cap screw and flat and lock washer to lock it in place... made a very solid mount with no perceived receiver to chassis movement