Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arsenal Firearms Strike One. Unknown or not enough?

xdf3

Hello. I actually don't know where to put this question, so any mod feel free to move it.

First of all, do you know Arsenal Firearms? There's this striker weapon called Strike One Ergal (there are different models already, and there's a new one coming out).

I tried it, and at least for IPSC PRODUCTION, it seems to be much better than CZ Shadow2. It's "DA" pull is even better than Shadow2 SA. Short reset, easy to grip. I didn't try it live fire but I think it's performing as much as Shadow2. All of this happened at the start of 2019 with the new production rules.

Is it just not known enough, or there's something else I can't see which makes people pick CZ or Tanfoglio rather than that gun? The price is about the same as the Stock 2 Extreme. 

Even the sights are - in my opinion - better. Less light between the front sight and the rear sights, making it easier to shoot at 20+ yards.

It's hard to jump into a new platform with little aftermarket support, etc. Are mags available? Spare parts? Holsters?

When you say the trigger is better than a Shadow 2 how do you mean? I have a 2 pound trigger in my Tanfo. 

2 hours ago, waktasz said:

It's hard to jump into a new platform with little aftermarket support, etc. Are mags available? Spare parts? Holsters?

When you say the trigger is better than a Shadow 2 how do you mean? I have a 2 pound trigger in my Tanfo. 

It's the cleanest pull I've ever tried between all these performance guns like Tanfoglio / Shadow2.

Even the new Beretta 92X seems to be really good. Short reset, awesome DA/SA. Sights are good too. I don't know about its performance in live fire.

If you had a chance to try it, you would notice it right away. I don't even know if Shadow2 + Cajun Gun Works kit would be better than that, but I doubt it. 

I'm going to end this year with S2 for sure but I would consider using it, until Alien is not ready. 

A new tanfo or shadow out of the box is nothing to get excited about but after $100 worth of tuning it's pretty awesome. 
If the S-One doesn't have tuner parts available then it may be better than a stock DA/SA gun, but it will be hard to improve on that, whereas my Tanfo feels nothing like it did when it was new out of the box.

44 minutes ago, waktasz said:

A new tanfo or shadow out of the box is nothing to get excited about but after $100 worth of tuning it's pretty awesome. 
If the S-One doesn't have tuner parts available then it may be better than a stock DA/SA gun, but it will be hard to improve on that, whereas my Tanfo feels nothing like it did when it was new out of the box.

I don't know what parts are available, but it was definitely better than an improved S2 with anything you wanted. I felt like it was stupid to use a CZ or Tanfoglio

If the gun speaks to you that much, and you can afford it, then having a gun you like or believe in will motivate you and help a little bit with your head game. I prefer guns that aren't widely popular, it makes competing a little more fun to me.
That said, I personally would not pay that much for a striker fire pistol with no aftermarket support, and I humbly suggest you are mistaken about what you are comparing with trigger pulls. If what you say were really the case, I think it would be common knowledge.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I got to handle one of these in the gun store yesterday. First one I've ever seen in person. Haven't shot but the owner (a competitor) said he had shot it and said it shoots ridiculously flat.

In the hand it felt like a Glock/M&P that had been squished down into my hand. Stupidly-low bore axis. Good competition sights.

The trigger was good for out of the box, but didn't feel nearly as good as my Apex flatty. That's just me. There's also a weird wiggle in the trigger before you start the takeup. I asked the gun store guy if that was this gun's version of a "trigger safety" and he said no, that's just how the trigger is. Good break, short reset (for striker), but strange feeling pull.

Would love to shoot one at some point.

I own one but with the lack of market support for things such as mags and holsters, it makes it hard to use for competition. It is a great range gun and for me, that is all I use it for at the moment. 

Not all guns are destined to be game guns - largely for the points made above about aftermarket accessory support. It might be fun to shoot, but you would be better off with another gun - like a Glock since it kind of looks like a modified Glock.

9 hours ago, 11MM said:

Not all guns are destined to be game guns - largely for the points made above about aftermarket accessory support. It might be fun to shoot, but you would be better off with another gun - like a Glock since it kind of looks like a modified Glock.

Actually, the Strike One Ergal is made to be a competition gun, especially for IPSC - Production division. I don't know if it's sold in USA, I'm just trying to understand more about it.

At the moment it costs about 2000/2200€ compared to about 1150-1300€ for a CZ Shadow2. Maybe in US $ it would cost slightly more.

It is IPSC production legal, and it's ready out of the box to be a competition gun. It seems to be similar to the incoming Alien from Laugo Arms, with a magwell ready, short reset, 3Lb trigger pull

On 8/9/2019 at 8:32 PM, BigJerm said:

I got to handle one of these in the gun store yesterday. First one I've ever seen in person. Haven't shot but the owner (a competitor) said he had shot it and said it shoots ridiculously flat.

In the hand it felt like a Glock/M&P that had been squished down into my hand. Stupidly-low bore axis. Good competition sights.

The trigger was good for out of the box, but didn't feel nearly as good as my Apex flatty. That's just me. There's also a weird wiggle in the trigger before you start the takeup. I asked the gun store guy if that was this gun's version of a "trigger safety" and he said no, that's just how the trigger is. Good break, short reset (for striker), but strange feeling pull.

Would love to shoot one at some point.

Which Strike One was it? Who was the owner/shooter if he can be named? 

39 minutes ago, BigJerm said:

It was the Stryk B (sp?) and a brand new firearm. The owner of Liberty Pawn & Gun in Mesa, AZ was the one who said he’d shot one (not sure how much he had shot it) and he liked it.

Then it is a very "old" version compared to the one I'm talking about. 

Probably the main thing is that it is available in Italy only. I can't bet on it since I don't own one, but it could probably be called the "Production Killer" since it's the best out of the box, probably better than Shadow2 or Tanfoglio Stock2 Extreme. Magwell, competition sights, perfect trigger pull, short reset, and balanced. 

• 6 months later...
On 6/18/2019 at 10:32 AM, Jim Watson said:

I think it is little known and not readily available in the USA.  There is a US version called Archon Model B but they do not show any of the Italian Strike One guns.

That's actually different gun . There is or actually was Arsenal Strike One imported to US , not sure why they stopped . Salient arms now sells them all tricked out for tripple the price . I sure love mine 

Yes, there were two or three distributors selling Strike One in the USA for a short time.  I assume there were not enough people willing to pay twice or thrice the price of a Glock.  

I was tempted when they were blowing out the remainder for $800 but did not buy.

Salient says:  "This is a true limited release firearm and the last of the Strike One pistols in the U.S. Market." to justify four or five times the price.  Of course they are selling $2000 Glocks, too; so it is in line with their other products.

• 4 weeks later...

I shot one they had for demo at the World Shoot in France.  It was decent and would take you as far as you wanted to go, but I didn't feel like it was a total game-changer or anything.