Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ideal glock setup for carry optic

Jeremyc_1999

1 hour ago, QuickDrawMcGraw said:

Has anyone here  tried the Holosun 507 on a  Glock for CO?  I really like my 510s in carbines, so I was planning on sticking with the circle dot reticle.  

I am running one and like it but have a lot of Eotech experience.  Makes for a nice transition for me.

I have a Gen 3 17 with:

leupold dp pro

13#  recoil spring in a captured steel guide rod

(-) connector, reduced striker spring, HD trigger return spring and polish

DIY stipple job

The biggest thing to strive for is reliability.  Most the guys that have problems running Glock can trace it back to either a cheap optic or trying to get a super light trigger.  Easy to keep it reliable, for some reason guys don’t.

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2019 at 9:37 PM, Jeremyc_1999 said:

I ended up going with the 45 MOS  I put 161 rounds through it tonight and I think it will fit the bill

How you liking it?  I'm interested in a bl purchase and the 17, 34 and 45 are all considerations for me.  It might be a little dated now, but I have a burris fastfire that I plan on running.  

13 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

What about back up irons?  Putting together a Gen3 with a Brownells RMR slide and will be using the Holosun 507c...maybe the SRO eventually.

Was thinking about blacked out suppressor height sights from Ameriglo.

I run a supressor front and find it sufficient on its own. With 1/8” of the front blade centered in the bottom of the window, the dot is dead in the middle of the glass.

My reason for running? Those situations where you wind up shooting weakhand wrapped oddly around a wall and cannot find the dot. If I lose it, I know where to twist the gun to regain an index.

With a few weeks practice, that’s the only time you’d possibly need an iron sight.

I don’t know anyone running a full set of backup irons who is competitive above B class. Those are in the tactical-dood category gear.

1 minute ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I run a supressor front and find it sufficient on its own. With 1/8” of the front blade centered in the bottom of the window, the dot is dead in the middle of the glass.

My reason for running? Those situations where you wind up shooting weakhand wrapped oddly around a wall and cannot find the dot. If I lose it, I know where to twist the gun to regain an index.

With a few weeks practice, that’s the only time you’d possibly need an iron sight.

I don’t know anyone running a full set of backup irons who is competitive above B class. Those are in the tactical-dood category gear.

Great I will fit right in there LOL

Will decide what I want to do.  I might just slap in a spareOEM sight if the empty rear sight channel if it bothers me...will see once the slide shows up next week.

I run the Gen 5 G17 MOS with a DPP.  For some reason I like it better than the G34 with milled slide. I for sure like the ejection of the Gen 5. No worries anymore of my optic batting the brass.  

If anyone is interested, im getting ready to post up a Gen 5 34 CO setup in the classifieds in a day or so.

Gen 5 Glock 34 FS MOS - stock sights

TTI GM kit

Uninstalled Ghost Tac mag release and maritime spring cups.

Double Diamond Tungsten guide rod with 13 + 15 springs

Assorted trigger connectors

3 factory mags with TTI +5/6 baseplates + spare parts and extra springs

2x Leupold DPP 2.5 MOA

BSPS BOSS hanger + 2 layer Amarok tactical comp holster.

Also have a FAT wrench and tool steel Wiha bits for the optic bolts if requested

Probably going to list it around $1150 net to get a quick sale before my surgery.

PM me if interested.

Edited by nick779

What weight spring with tungsten guiderod for a gen 3 34? 11 or 13? Running 147 gr bullets, otherwise all stock springs and internals.I don’t know exactly what my PF is but I know it’s not going on the floor. I was going to buy the Glock  store tungsten guide rod with set weight spring. 🙏🏼

Edited by Silverscooby27

I build one on a G17 Gen 3 frame.  It has a Zev Dragonfly slide cut for a DPP.  The Striker and Safety are also Zev.  It has a Glock "-" connector.  The trigger is a reworked factory unit.  I have a Zev trigger, but I haven't "tuned" it to work with the Zev slide.  It runs the factory G17 barrel.  The mag release is a spare one from a 34.  It has an 11 lbs spring on a tungsten guide rod.  With the tungsten rod and a modified Seattle Slug, it weighs 24.5 oz.  My steel load is a 115 MGB at 1000 +/- fps.  My production load with 125's was real snappy with the light slide, so a run 147's at about a 129-130 PF.  I undercut the trigger guard to fit my hands. 

It's fun to run at USPSA and SCSA matches as well as the occasional knock down steel match.

1893625032_G17CO-2.thumb.jpg.4114c16f2303ec8c594fee3041b99edd.jpg