Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ideal glock setup for carry optic

Jeremyc_1999

How would you setup a glock for carry optics?   I'm thinking:

Gen 4 g17 mos

Carver custom trigger (already own in a g35 limited gun)

Tungsten guide rod

Grip tape

I like the idea of a 17 instead of a 34 because the longer sight radius isn't needed in CO and you have a lower reciprocating mass  what I would really like is a 19x with mos. I amg thinking gen4 because I already have the carver trigger 

If you want the best glock trigger, go gen 3. You don’t need some fancy trigger, the stock will do. Just get upgraded springs and polish it and you’ll be amazed by the difference. 

Get a 17 or a 34, but just be sure to get one with a normal guiderod so you can buy an aftermarket one to change out the spring. 

Once you polish the trigger and change the recoil spring, the gun is practically ready to go. Only thing left is grip mods and slide mods. 

GT distributors. I believe had blue label but now it’s “notify when back in stock”.

gunbroker has some for sale now.

Edited by JLB-US

10 hours ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

How would you setup a glock for carry optics?   I'm thinking:

Gen 4 g17 mos

Carver custom trigger (already own in a g35 limited gun)

Tungsten guide rod

Grip tape

I like the idea of a 17 instead of a 34 because the longer sight radius isn't needed in CO and you have a lower reciprocating mass  what I would really like is a 19x with mos. I amg thinking gen4 because I already have the carver trigger 

34 and 17 are close in wieght. 

I've had all gens and prefer gen5 and prefer the 34 over the 17.  It feels different and I prefer that. 

Grip tape will not stay put if you grip hard.  I don't care what anyone else tells you. It will move. If it doesn't you're not gripping hard enough.  

I like tungsten guide rods.

My set up is gen5 34 with a tungsten guide rod. I just do a TTI trigger kit.  

Dad runs a gen 3 17 with factory spring on a 128gr bullet with a delta pro and does just as good as guys with cz that have been cut and other expensive guns. 

Also with some time and work you can get the gen 3 trigger down to 2lb with a lot polish and springs.

gen 5 trigger isn’t bad but it took us longer to get it down to 2.5lb than any other generation Glock

Its all about what your confident in.

I might consider the G45 MOS. I have a Gen 5 34 MOS and a Gen 5 19 MOS and shot both at an indoor GSSF match this winter and shot the 19 better. And the 34 had a red dot and the 19 had “iron” sights. The 19 actually had the adjustable rear from the 34. I’m really intrigued by the 45 MOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not against you on that plan.

Physics wise, and looking at what top guys are shooting in competition, I know it makes no sense, but my 19x with that long grip short slide format just feels awesome when I shoot it.

I’d use it for production but the tactical jokes would be brutal! 😉

• 3 weeks later...

I have the 507c. I used it because I bought a brownells glock slide and needed to stick to the rmr bolt pattern.

It's my first experience with a pistol dot, so not sure I'd be of much help. I'm enjoying it so far. And it took me straight into A class from the initial classification, so I know it's not the optic holding me back.