Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun 510C

JP PCC. Green reticle. I do not like red. Great sight. 

Sighted in at 15-20 yards and banged steel at 200. 

Brightness was an issue in the AZ sun until I read (duh) the instructions. Turn it off then manually turn it on and adjust according. I like having the reticle options. 

2 hours ago, pjb45 said:

JP PCC. Green reticle. I do not like red. Great sight. 

Sighted in at 15-20 yards and banged steel at 200. 

Brightness was an issue in the AZ sun until I read (duh) the instructions. Turn it off then manually turn it on and adjust according. I like having the reticle options. 

Yea i will ha e to try the green reticle sinc e i have not  taken out the red yet to see if i prefer the green. 

• 7 months later...
On 6/25/2019 at 4:27 PM, Norther said:

I noticed this right away, first day out. Annoyingly obvious. I haven’t noticed it with any of my other dots. Reserving judgement though, still pretty happy with it. 

I have two and they are both doing it, it's really distracting.  I think I'm going to sell mine and buy a vortex huey or just get an eotech 512.  

Is the see-through the same in both red and green versions?  My green 510C puts a yellowish cast on the outside world, probably expected if the reflective coating on the optics is biased to the green.  If this is the case the red version should shift things toward cyan.  Any observations?  I do like the sight (one on of my PCCs); I would expect the smaller circle to be a bit better for steel challenge, but the 65 MOA still works better for me even with my surgically-enhanced right eye.

• 1 month later...

The red is shifted towards blue/cyan, though I don't have a green dot to compare with. 

Recently in one of his Instagram videos Max Leograndis was saying he can't recommend holosuns anymore because of recent QA issues. 

• 3 weeks later...

This might be a dumb question but on these sites like the Halo 510 is the site on all the time? What if you're carrying it on the street and need to go instantly to defend yourself,  Come on automatically or what? I want to go to carry optic I want a Dot if I carry it on your street I can depend on it coming on as well as in competition. Thanks B

6 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

This might be a dumb question but on these sites like the Halo 510 is the site on all the time? What if you're carrying it on the street and need to go instantly to defend yourself,  Come on automatically or what? I want to go to carry optic I want a Dot if I carry it on your street I can depend on it coming on as well as in competition. Thanks B

Holosun_HS510C.pdf

44 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

Question 2 I just picked up the Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS with the mounting plates and everything. one of these will fit this site? Also do they hold zero good.

Do your research on the Glock optics mounting plates. I have seen some reviews where the plate does not secure the optic well enough. I believe John on his Warrior Poet YouTube Channel talks about the plates. So much so they are not using the stock MOS plates and choosing after market plates. 

Edited by Boomstick303

1 hour ago, Boomstick303 said:

Do your research on the Glock optics mounting plates. I have seen some reviews where the plate does not secure the optic well enough. I believe John on his Warrior Poet YouTube Channel talks about the plates. So much so they are not using the stock MOS plates and choosing after market plates. 

Why would they not, hold the site in place tight if everything is cleaned degreased and blue Loctited.

I am building my first, carry optic gun. It is a Glock 19 Gen 5 and for my optic I am going with a Haloson 507c. I hear only good things about them, and it will fit my RMR mounting plate #2

On 5/22/2020 at 4:25 PM, usmc1974 said:

Some have a feature that wake them up on movement. The holosuns in particular have very long battery lives (years) so you would probably just leave it in all the time and replace the barrel yearly.