Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun 510C

On 6/3/2019 at 10:06 AM, bigdawgbeav said:

I have one on my PCC and love it.  Only complaint I have is when the sun shines through the glass from the front, you can see the emitter reflected back in the class as a faint square.

I didnt experience that yet on my 510c, but i have had that happen on a slide ride and an RTS2.

1 hour ago, bigboy69 said:

I didnt experience that yet on my 510c, but i have had that happen on a slide ride and an RTS2.

i never had that issue with the CMore... It was noticeable at Pricetown and the 5 back bays at Ontelaunee where the sun shines.  I can show you on saturday if you'd like.

I'm quite happy with my 510C Elite (green reticle).  I've been using it on my rifle for UML limited since last year with no issues.  The reticle is daylight-bright, and if I use my astigmatism-correcting contacts, nice and crisp.  I like the option of having a circle, dot, or circle/dot.  Most of the time I just use the dot, but on farther steel I sometimes like the circle/dot.

On 6/4/2019 at 12:42 PM, bigdawgbeav said:

i never had that issue with the CMore... It was noticeable at Pricetown and the 5 back bays at Ontelaunee where the sun shines.  I can show you on saturday if you'd like.

I believe you just didnt happen to me yet. This past Pricetown is when it happened to the RTS2, so I made a sunshield for it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 6:06 AM, bigdawgbeav said:

I have one on my PCC and love it.  Only complaint I have is when the sun shines through the glass from the front, you can see the emitter reflected back in the class as a faint square.

I noticed this right away, first day out. Annoyingly obvious. I haven’t noticed it with any of my other dots. Reserving judgement though, still pretty happy with it. 

On 7/3/2019 at 6:14 PM, bigdawgbeav said:

Im going to be replacing my Vortex Venoms with 507s

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have a Venom on a CZ P09 and an HS507C on a CZ P10C and one on a Glock 26 and I will take the Holosun over the Vortex any day. 

5 minutes ago, kooyahdesigns said:

How is the holosun warranty compared to Vortex warranty? 

Not as good on paper.   Holosun seems to be taking care of the few people that I have read of having issues.  

https://holosun.com/index.php?main_page=page_4

Thankfully I have never had to send any of my optics back to the manufacturer.