Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PSA AKV....anyone?

2 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Friend had one. Jammed pretty often and felt like junk at a short after practice range session. 

Probably not an AKV.....probably the other variant (which is trash). I am impressed with how reliable this is and how soft it shoots. It really needs a trigger though, which is coming.

3 hours ago, jclaypool said:

That's pretty trick. Have you or will you shoot a match with it? It looks like a ton of fun.

I'll shooting it next weekend at the Hornady Zombie match

2 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

Probably not an AKV.....probably the other variant (which is trash). I am impressed with how reliable this is and how soft it shoots. It really needs a trigger though, which is coming.

No, it was the AKV. In my experience it was neither soft nor reliable. Sloppy QC could explain how different samples had different reliability though. 

There have been a few different versions, with the most recent having changes that supposedly help in reliability/function.

Unfortunately, being in CT, PSA won't do business with anyone in our state, even if it's configured as an 'other', or even simply an upper.

47 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

No, it was the AKV. In my experience it was neither soft nor reliable. Sloppy QC could explain how different samples had different reliability though. 

When was that?

Heard the first ones out were jamomatics. That's why PSA never has them in stock, re-doing them before mass release. They have tons of mags, never any rifles. Also heard the latest release are great.

If you are on FB......check this video out......pretty dang flat and as soft as a 22....serious. The trigger on these thing is worse than terrible, but that is being swapped out next week.

On 5/24/2019 at 4:12 PM, OPENB said:

Heard the first ones out were jamomatics. That's why PSA never has them in stock, re-doing them before mass release. They have tons of mags, never any rifles. Also heard the latest release are great.

They've been putting them up on their website weekly and they sell out within hours. So far, I've got over 1000 rounds thru it since I've installed the buffer system and it has yet to fail.....today i will be cleaning it, too make it ready for this next weekends match.

If you are on FB......check this video out......pretty dang flat and as soft as a 22....serious. The trigger on these thing is worse than terrible, but that is being swapped out next week.

Watched the video looks very flat and doesn’t look like there’s any muzzle flip. Looks like it moves back about a inch or so then fires the next round. What does it weigh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I made it into a legal rifle.......I understand that they are coming out with that same set up as a rifle soon, but I am sure it will have something other than the Luth-AR stock on it.

I never did weigh it, it is not too bad, very light in the front end of course due to the TACCOM extension I put on it.

As for making aftermarket parts.......yeah, why do you think it's not moving under fire? It's got a super secret squirrel recoil system in it.

15 hours ago, RAINY0DAYS said:

These are blowback right? What's the appeal of it over anything else that's currently available?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

This newest version has been drop dead reliable and as you can see from the video......stupid light recoil and pretty much zero muzzle flip. I'll get back to you on the current offerings for AK triggers as a factory AK trigger absolutely sucks huge balls!!

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:45 AM, TRUBL said:

This newest version has been drop dead reliable and as you can see from the video......stupid light recoil and pretty much zero muzzle flip. I'll get back to you on the current offerings for AK triggers as a factory AK trigger absolutely sucks huge balls!!

I have a couple of these on AK's pretty decent trigger on an AK

https://algdefense.com/akt-ul.html

I put the ALG trigger in and a MAGPUL K2 grip as well. Waiting on the MAGPUL Zhukov-V fore arm. I did take it to the Hornady Zombie match last weekend and it ran 100% was very quick and accurate too. I'll be using it most of the season this year I think. PSA is going to come out with +15 round extensions for their magazine to get a total of 50 rounds so it will be a viable platform.

I am going to install a left hand charge handle (personal only) this week. Probably do a magwell (personal only) and extended mag release as well.

49 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

I put the ALG trigger in and a MAGPUL K2 grip as well. Waiting on the MAGPUL Zhukov-V fore arm. I did take it to the Hornady Zombie match last weekend and it ran 100% was very quick and accurate too. I'll be using it most of the season this year I think. PSA is going to come out with +15 round extensions for their magazine to get a total of 50 rounds so it will be a viable platform.

I am going to install a left hand charge handle (personal only) this week. Probably do a magwell (personal only) and extended mag release as well.

Doesn't it run Scorpion mags? If so, there are already several extensions and options on the market that should work well. You might have to run CZ branded 30 round mags instead of PSA mags to get the extensions to work, but it’ll still let you get 40-50 rounds. 

PSA is in the process of doing a +15 extension for their magazine to get it up to 50 rounds.......HOPEFULLY, they will be stackable so you can get 65  :) Of course I already have tons of Scorpion mags and have a few with the TACCOM coupler to get 50+ rounds, so I personally am set (for now).

Anyways.......I did take the AKV to the Hornady Zombie match and it worked flawlessly!! Got home and finished up tot he build today: Zhukov-U forearm, K2 grip, Luth-AR stock, TACCOM mid brake barrel extension, ALG trigger, Bushnell Lil Pris and a left hand charge handle......as well as a new yet to be released recoil cushion has made this AKV a formidable choice of weapon for USPSA PCC competition!!!....And yes, it has been drop dead reliable with the Scorpion magazines too. I'll be switching the optics over to a Holosun as well as cutting off the front sight (it's obnoxious). Comes in at just under 8#......would be less if I swapped out the stock for something somewhat lighter. Recoil is light and comes back stupid flat.....Overall, impressed with the performance.AKV.jpg.0683fd745245974492a20f809a178fc0.jpg

Edited by TRUBL
On 6/4/2019 at 6:36 AM, TRUBL said:

PSA is in the process of doing a +15 extension for their magazine to get it up to 50 rounds.......HOPEFULLY, they will be stackable so you can get 65  :) Of course I already have tons of Scorpion mags and have a few with the TACCOM coupler to get 50+ rounds, so I personally am set (for now).

Anyways.......I did take the AKV to the Hornady Zombie match and it worked flawlessly!! Got home and finished up tot he build today: Zhukov-U forearm, K2 grip, Luth-AR stock, TACCOM mid brake barrel extension, ALG trigger, Bushnell Lil Pris and a left hand charge handle......as well as a new yet to be released recoil cushion has made this AKV a formidable choice of weapon for USPSA PCC competition!!!....And yes, it has been drop dead reliable with the Scorpion magazines too. I'll be switching the optics over to a Holosun as well as cutting off the front sight (it's obnoxious). Comes in at just under 8#......would be less if I swapped out the stock for something somewhat lighter. Recoil is light and comes back stupid flat.....Overall, impressed with the performance.

Very nice Tim!  I finally snagged one after playing keyboard commando for 2 days. I'd be interested to see what you will have in store for this tool.  First thing would be hogue-ing out the mag well!  Trigger isn't so bad in mine, but then again I've been shooting the Scorpion so am well conditioned to sux @$$ trigger.  I do like the recoil impulse out of this pistol better than the CZ carbine and I can see why you are pushing ahead with making the AK-V from better to great.  Don't cut off that front sight amigo, that's what makes it an AK visually 😄 but tell me more about the left side charging handle, I'm interested.

Edited by PacMan
On 6/6/2019 at 5:13 AM, PacMan said:

Very nice Tim!  I finally snagged one after playing keyboard commando for 2 days. I'd be interested to see what you will have in store for this tool.  First thing would be hogue-ing out the mag well!  Trigger isn't so bad in mine, but then again I've been shooting the Scorpion so am well conditioned to sux @$$ trigger.  I do like the recoil impulse out of this pistol better than the CZ carbine and I can see why you are pushing ahead with making the AK-V from better to great.  Don't cut off that front sight amigo, that's what makes it an AK visually 😄 but tell me more about the left side charging handle, I'm interested.

hahahahaha