Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2 Orange has arrived!

Eitel1207

But is the Shadow 2 Orange Production legal in USPSA?
I'm curious as well, I'm assuming it would need to have 2000 sold to be, but it is still considered a Shadow 2 so there's that....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Nathanb said:

I saw a blog post today on the orange. I’m still having a hard time understanding how some polishing and fitting makes this almost double the price of a regular shadow 2.  

Well when you have one dedicated person picking parts and then hand assembling and fitting things it is going to raise the cost for sure. Coupled with the machining cost for the bushing.

My TSO had a decidedly different feel than a purely assembly line gun.

Also remember getting an accu shadow sp01 was the same percentage increase in price over a regular model. 

Edited by rowdyb

14 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Well when you have one dedicated person picking parts and then hand assembling and fitting things it is going to raise the cost for sure. Coupled with the machining cost for the bushing.

My TSO had a decidedly different feel than a purely assembly line gun.

Also remember getting an accu shadow sp01 was the same percentage increase in price over a regular model. 

What I'm wondering is why the S2O costs more than a TSO? The finish machining appears to be about the same (from what I can tell). You're absolutely right about the TSO, it is not fit the same as a TS.

On 4/28/2019 at 4:43 PM, Stuey said:

I was wanting to get one, but hard to justify the additional cost. Would it be Production legal or be in Limited Class?

From a design standpoint, the S2O is aimed squarely at Production Division*. but there is still some uncertainty as to whether it is considered the same as the regular Shadow 2, or being treated as its own separate model. If separate, it would not be legal for Production until 2000 units are imported into the country. As per @eerw above, there are only 80 units so far, so it will be a while till we hit 2000 in the USA.

* Note, you could shoot it in Limited Division as well, but would theoretically be at a disadvantage compared to true Limited guns which shoot Major Power Factor ammo, with magwells, and single action only triggers, etc. 

From a design standpoint, the S2O is aimed squarely at Production Division*. but there is still some uncertainty as to whether it is considered the same as the regular Shadow 2, or being treated as its own separate model. If separate, it would not be legal for Production until 2000 units are imported into the country. As per [mention=627]eerw[/mention] above, there are only 80 units so far, so it will be a while till we hit 2000 in the USA.

* Note, you could shoot it in Limited Division as well, but would theoretically be at a disadvantage compared to true Limited guns which shoot Major Power Factor ammo, with magwells, and single action only triggers, etc. 
Other than the minor factor, you can easily add a magwell and single action.

On 5/1/2019 at 11:38 AM, Inkw8ll said:

I'm curious as well, I'm assuming it would need to have 2000 sold to be, but it is still considered a Shadow 2 so there's that....

Looking at the USPSA list, it’s not, but the Shadow 2 Orange is on the Production List for IPSC, so it should be on shortly. 

Edited by abb1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked up my Orange today, interestingly the grips while looking the same as other S2 grips, are in fact grippier, more point to the heads of the diamonds, still put Henning grips on, as I love them, but was surprised by the factory ones. I wish it had a nitride frame like my current match and practice guns, but the trigger is amazing and the trigger bow is waaay nicer than even the regular S2s come with, which is better than what the older Shadows came with. I swapped out springs, trigger (prefer 85C trigger), safeties to flush as well as slidestop to flush. Now to abuse it this weekend

12 hours ago, slavex said:

Picked up my Orange today, interestingly the grips while looking the same as other S2 grips, are in fact grippier, more point to the heads of the diamonds, still put Henning grips on, as I love them, but was surprised by the factory ones. I wish it had a nitride frame like my current match and practice guns, but the trigger is amazing and the trigger bow is waaay nicer than even the regular S2s come with, which is better than what the older Shadows came with. I swapped out springs, trigger (prefer 85C trigger), safeties to flush as well as slidestop to flush. Now to abuse it this weekend

I also love mine! Trigger is amazing and the reset is even better then my other S2 with the 0,2 disconnector! As for accuracy no difference though (it's the shooter). Question, I will change to flush safeties as recommended (hand can go higher on the gun) but flush slidestop? Thats what I would love since my thumb is on it (small hands) where to buy??

Cesar-shop and Sebo have them. Just make sure to ask for the Shadow 2 ones, a few people mistakenly buy them for the Shadow and they don't work. As well, the first batch of them were actually mislabeled or something and they had regular ones instead of the ones actually needed for the 2 

On 2/1/2020 at 9:37 AM, slavex said:

Cesar-shop and Sebo have them. Just make sure to ask for the Shadow 2 ones, a few people mistakenly buy them for the Shadow and they don't work. As well, the first batch of them were actually mislabeled or something and they had regular ones instead of the ones actually needed for the 2 

bought them! tnx