Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DG Bullet review (new company)

johnbu

A couple buddies are enamoured with DG Bullets.  They both have discount codes for 15% off, which makes it a smoking deal, so....i got a case of 3500 bullets in 124gr. Picture 1

They came nicely packaged in 7 plastic bags along with a can cozy and an ink pen in a sturdy cardboard box. Picture 2

The "124" came weighing 123.5 +/-0.5 gr. Slightly low, but uniformity was good.  Diameter came in at 0.3565" to  0. 3570" .

They dumped right into the Mr Bullet Feeder and feed with zero adjustments.

The 124 gr is a wider ogive profile. Wider shoulders.  If you shoot a CZ or Tanfo and the barrel hasn't been throated for Saami spec, you would need to load short to pass plunk test. My tanfo guns have been done and there were no problems at 1.150" ,  it feeds 24 best at 1.120, so that is where is set them. 

The 147gr profile is supposedly pointer and CZ / Tanfo friendly. Not sure, i just tried the 124.

They zero'ed well.  I loaded slightly hot at 1108 fps which gives 136 to 137PF.  I used a Idpa paper target at 25 yards, shooting from a shooting bench. Last picture shows 30 unpasted holes made by them. Picture 3.

Only shot a few, but so far so good.

20190325_115429.jpg

20190325_115520.jpg

20190325_131534.jpg

Edited by johnbu
typo, well, really a printo. i wrote my note wrong.

I have been using them in 147gr and so far I love them.

99.9 of them weight 148ish Gr

I can load them at 1.140 on my reamed Stock 2

Coating is great , deep and shiny green color

You get them FAST

And the 15% off is just the Cherry on Top4bae5f63ad64947647877c185597611d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Lastcat said:

John did you mean ".3555 to .3560? 

I saw these last night and considered trying a few. Has anyone pushed these 124gr out to 1370 fps for Major? Cheers. 

Doh!  i must havebeen a cup of coffee short when i wrote it!

You are correct.   i measured 0.3565 to 0.3570 as a range. Only 1 of 14 measured were .3570.

Thanks for the catch!

On 3/25/2019 at 3:20 PM, Lastcat said:

John did you mean ".3555 to .3560? 

I saw these last night and considered trying a few. Has anyone pushed these 124gr out to 1370 fps for Major? Cheers. 

Good news. I love them and have been pushing them to 1500 FPS+ with zero issue. And from a Tanfo V12. I have been running them for a bit now. I run and have run the 115g with CFE, AA7, Power Pistol and will be doing more load development with other powders. They have been very accurate, leading hasn't been an issue, and no splitting. Also he runs the coating a little thicker and it doesn't rub off on your hands on in bullet feeder. 

Excellent Write John. I'm sure DG appreciates it. DG is local to me and small, but looking into doing match and stage sponsorship to get word out. So support the little guys. Dave has taken a lot of time to listen to us in doing QC and making sure things are beyond satisfactory. Dave is also a shooter. He shoots IDPA and USPSA.  lives near Waupaca WI.  Orders come fast! 

1 hour ago, Apolo said:

Good news. I love them and have been pushing them to 1500 FPS+ with zero issue. And from a Tanfo V12. I have been running them for a bit now. I run and have run the 115g with CFE, AA7, Power Pistol and will be doing more load development with other powders. They have been very accurate, leading hasn't been an issue, and no splitting. Also he runs the coating a little thicker and it doesn't rub off on your hands on in bullet feeder. 

Excellent Write John. I'm sure DG appreciates it. DG is local to me and small, but looking into doing match and stage sponsorship to get word out. So support the little guys. Dave has taken a lot of time to listen to us in doing QC and making sure things are beyond satisfactory. Dave is also a shooter. He shoots IDPA and USPSA.  lives near Waupaca WI.  Orders come fast! 

Thanks Apolo, guess I'll have to order a few. I use a Czechmate in (Open Major). Power Pistol is one my favorite powders. 👍

Edited by Lastcat

• 1 year later...

Been shooting the 147's for a while now. Started using them to get away from the lube ring on other molds.

Have not noticed any barrel leading. They use the HI-TECH coating which is really good.

I recommend them to anyone.

1 minute ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

Anyone have a coupon code for these guys still? Would consider getting some if the price was the same/similar to the competitors but without the code it’s a little steep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HM10 for 10% off

• 2 weeks later...

I been using DG for a while now, swapped from blue bullets, and I really like them. 124gr RN shoot very well out of my pcc, Glock and Q5 match. Excited to try them on my Canik tp9 combat exec in the next couple of weeks

On 6/2/2020 at 11:14 PM, Slattin said:

I been using DG for a while now, swapped from blue bullets, and I really like them. 124gr RN shoot very well out of my pcc, Glock and Q5 match. Excited to try them on my Canik tp9 combat exec in the next couple of weeks

How do they compared to the blues?  I only shoot blues in Minor division~  But I'm eager experiement with other bullets

On 6/8/2020 at 1:48 PM, chgofirefighter said:

How do they compared to the blues?  I only shoot blues in Minor division~  But I'm eager experiement with other bullets

I feel like they are very very close to the same as blue bullets. Coating on blues are a little more finished and polished. I weighed a few and they are all pretty well within spec. For the price difference for plinking, it's a no brainer. I haven't ran them through a Chrono though, so I couldn't tell you any fps differences or anything technical. Could try a small pack and see if you like them. Next month I am going to order another case of 9mm and try out their 45acp 230gr RN.

After shooting the Brazos bullets for a while I finally just ordered a sample of 800 DG bullets with a 10% code I think it came to about $0.078/bullet shipped to my house which isn’t bad for a sample. I chose DG over Blue because I had previously tried the Blue 147RN and for my S2 they had to be loaded down to 1.050”. I chose the DG FP to try since blue has a “3-6 week shipping delay” and I had also heard the blue FP still neeed to be loaded decently short.

I’ll report back in a bit when I have a chance to try some of the bullets out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plan to try a sample of the Hi Tek coated DG to test and see how they do. The discount code is a plus.

If it wasn't for the shipping delay I would also like to try Blue and their proprietary non Hi Tek coating to see how it differs. Maybe when they get caught up.

13 hours ago, PhotoRecon said:

Plan to try a sample of the Hi Tek coated DG to test and see how they do. The discount code is a plus.

If it wasn't for the shipping delay I would also like to try Blue and their proprietary non Hi Tek coating to see how it differs. Maybe when they get caught up.

I think shipping and quantity of Bullets ordered from Blue’s differs. I placed an order for 50,400 Bullets and it took barely a week or so to receive. I also ordered a about 7200 and it took about 6 or so weeks to shipped/received 🤷🏽‍♂️

it may also depend on Bullet type too.. 🤔