Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FTP Optics Alpha 3 Red Dot Sight

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FTP Customers,

We became aware earlier this week that the U.S post office customs branch (our optics are shipped from Canada) is experiencing large delays due to the Covid 19 epidemic. They are short staffed, facing all kinds of restrictions and overwhelmed with packages as people turned to ordering online instead of brick and mortar stores. We spoke with them on Tuesday and were told that all service guarantees are void and they cannot provide any updates on a particular package and the only thing anyone can do is wait. If your package appears to be stuck in Chicago ISC, it was scanned and waiting for customs release.

We are working with another courier that will be able to provide more timely shipping options starting next week but in the mean time, anything that has already shipped may encounter large delays and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time. We will extend your warranty by whatever extra time it takes for you to receive your shipment and will waive any restocking fees on new, uninstalled dots if you should decide to purchase something else instead of waiting. We will also pay your return shipping cost via the post office if you buy something else.

I can only tell you that the dots are worth the wait and hope you give them a chance :)

Thank you.

Phil @ FTP

Thanks Phil for this info.  Just an FYI, I ran into a similar issue with Optics Planet where they had the optic and the steel shield in stock and I ordered them. A week went by and no package.  Went to OP’s webpage to check status and read where they were 5 to 7 weeks behind so I canceled.  I just checked and looks like they took the 5-7 weeks time frame out, but still said they are at least a week + behind on shipping and not to expect an answer to emails for a week, and please don’t call.  It appears unless you are like an “Amazon” many smaller venders are having problems.  OP is not a small vender, but compared to the “Amazons” I guess it is. Cheers- Joe

On 5/21/2020 at 12:06 AM, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

(Can you mount the Alpha3 on the Sig P320 Legion ?)

You would need to find someone who makes a mounting plate that will work with a Sig Romeo 3. I am not sure if that exists yet but someone else may know.

Springer Precision has them for the Romeo3max on Sig P320 Legion, I believe the footprint and mounting pattern is the same as your Alpha3 so it should work for them

Edited by race1911

20 hours ago, race1911 said:

Springer Precision has them for the Romeo3max on Sig P320 Legion, I believe the footprint and mounting pattern is the same as your Alpha3 so it should work for them

Yep, the Springer R3Max plate works for the Alpha 3.

Here is a comparison of the 6 vs 8 MOA dot. The video never quite matches what your eye can see but I think it does show the slight brightness increase (on the same illumination level) for the 8 MOA.

https://youtu.be/juW5COTozsA

Please note we just sold out of the 6 MOA and the ETA to get more due to the Corona Virus is September. 8 MOA in stock and ready to ship.

Edited by FTP_Shooting_Sports

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 2:30 PM, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

Here is a comparison of the 6 vs 8 MOA dot. The video never quite matches what your eye can see but I think it does show the slight brightness increase (on the same illumination level) for the 8 MOA.

https://youtu.be/juW5COTozsA

Please note we just sold out of the 6 MOA and the ETA to get more due to the Corona Virus is September. 8 MOA in stock and ready to ship.

I just received my sight w/ 8moa dot.  Actually a bit brighter than the video would have you believe.  Very little distortion,  nice round dot.  At highest setting get some flaring but with my eyes that is the norm.  Glass appears pretty clear w/ no distortion.  Compared to the Romeo3 XL I've been using I find the adjustments a little bit simpler.  Like the fact it's window is almost as tall albeit narrower. Previously had milled the Cheely mount for the XL so fitment was non issue.  Range this weekend....

IMG_2308.JPG

IMG_2310.JPG

IMG_2311.JPG

Not quite apples to apples, but here are a couple shots of the Alpha 3 w/ 8 moa side-by-side with a Vortex Venom 6 moa.

When you start to lose view of the dot on the Venom, the Alpha 3 still has plenty of viewing window. It's very clear, and you'll never use it on it's brightest settings unless you are aiming your pistol at the sun. And you could probably still see the dot...

I'm roughly 1,500 rounds in, and 3 matches, and I'm very pleased.

Dot - Middle.jpg

Dot - Top.jpg

Thanks for the great feedback. We are so happy everyone is loving their Alpha 3 Optics.

Please note we are getting low on stock on the 8 MOA and sold out of the 6 MOA. We are expecting more stock in September so if you don't want to wait, order yours now :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/22/2021 at 2:15 PM, o27 said:

Any pics fitted on a Shadow 2 OR 2011 non Open Race gun?

There are some pics on Shadows on our Instagram page but on dove tail mounts. The optic will not fit on the optics ready unless you are willing to machine some material from the front of the slide cut as the optic is a little longer than the RTS2

On 1/26/2021 at 12:02 PM, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

There are some pics on Shadows on our Instagram page but on dove tail mounts. The optic will not fit on the optics ready unless you are willing to machine some material from the front of the slide cut as the optic is a little longer than the RTS2

I am having my CZ SP01 milled to accept this optic and will provide pics when done. I also talked to Stuart at CZC and he confirmed that these will not fit on the optics ready guns. Neither will the Romeo3 Max or XL due to the extra bit of length in front.

4 minutes ago, mrvip27 said:

Any pics of this optic on an 320 X5 legion? Cant seem to find any. I know a few of you here do.

Also, what plate?

The footprint is same as Romeo3 Max and XL so same plate. Springer is what I used.