Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New JP PCC Upper

https://www.facebook.com/SteveFosterCompetitiveShooter/videos/372798209944150/?t=20

JP is releasing a new PCC upper with a 5" barrel, and a permanently attached aluminum shroud with an integrated compensator. They didn't say an exact weight, but it should be considerably lighter than their current, full length barrel upper. Apparently you'll be able to take the handguard off and access a window/port to clean the crown of the barrel as well. They will be available "pretty soon" or a couple of months. 

I may have to start saving up for this one. 

18 minutes ago, andrewt556 said:

im gonna add some ports to my ULW (because no one will buy it lol) and see if I notice a difference... 

Will the ports be in the shroud or possibly in the barrel? 

"bmiller" has experimented with several popple holes in one of his barrels.  Have not heard any updates on if he still likes it or has moved on to a bigger or better idea.

2 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Will the ports be in the shroud or possibly in the barrel? 

"bmiller" has experimented with several popple holes in one of his barrels.  Have not heard any updates on if he still likes it or has moved on to a bigger or better idea.

On the shroud.  I could either cut the ports right next to the end of the actual barrel or at the end of the comp like the "new" jp..... just an idea. 

22 minutes ago, andrewt556 said:

On the shroud.  I could either cut the ports right next to the end of the actual barrel or at the end of the comp like the "new" jp..... just an idea. 

Wouldn’t really call that a comp, purely cosmetic to look like one.