Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How light of a trigger is everyone running?

B_RAD

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TONY BARONE said:

Koenig hammer, Extreme Ultra light sear, Extreme Disconnector Wolff 15# main spring.

it's the same set that i have with few different parts and #13 lb main spring. but  i checked it with 1lb t. pull weight and it worked , but i almost don't feel the trigger of 2011 platform with 1lb  trigger  and  1/16" travel.

i adjusted it to 1lb 6oz.

I have my trigger set at 2 - 2 1/4 lbs and that feels good to me. I like a more positive reset that I have with the higher trigger weight and knowing that hammer follow wont be an issue. I've had my trigger down around 13oz and everywhere in between and from what I've noticed is trigger weight isn't all that important its how the trigger functions that matters. The only time it makes sense to me to have a sub 1lb trigger in a handgun is for bullseye shooting. 

4 hours ago, Adrenaline said:

I'm running a johnny glock prototype that breaks at 2 lb consistantly, all safety's work, full striker engagement.

glock full striker engagement without external safety , a bit dangerous for me.  but J.G. master and he   knows  what he's  doing.👍

28 minutes ago, Adrenaline said:

I love it. Shouldn't need an external safety in my opinion. We all know what happens when the trigger is pulled. 

29 minutes ago, Adrenaline said:

I love it. Shouldn't need an external safety in my opinion. We all know what happens when the trigger is pulled. 

el .pezidente  in 2 seconds?😉

Just got my open gun back from the smith and he’s got the trigger set at about 18ozs. It doesn’t feel to light either imo. Extreme hammer, sear and disconnector, SV bow, and I think he said he uses a 16lb main spring. The main spring seems a bit light, but what do I I know, I’m no custom gun smith. As long as it reliably sets off the primers I use I’ll be happy. If not, I have no problem going up to a 19 or so. I really wouldn’t mind if the trigger pull went up a few ozs.