Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How light of a trigger is everyone running?

B_RAD

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually just bought a Lyman trigger gauge.. Did a Powder River drop in kit on my XDM,,, came in at 4lb 2 oz,,,Didnt do any polishing, Ordered some shims for it so may do some polishign when I open it back up.
Havent  checked my 1911 and 2011, but if that is a measured 4 I'd guess they are 2 lbs or so,, need to measure. Mine are all tool steel sears and hammers and I use the Ed Brown Jig and feeler gauge , like is simpler with the right tools.

10 hours ago, Joe4d said:

Actually just bought a Lyman trigger gauge.. Did a Powder River drop in kit on my XDM,,, came in at 4lb 2 oz,,,Didnt do any polishing, Ordered some shims for it so may do some polishign when I open it back up.
Havent  checked my 1911 and 2011, but if that is a measured 4 I'd guess they are 2 lbs or so,, need to measure. Mine are all tool steel sears and hammers and I use the Ed Brown Jig and feeler gauge , like is simpler with the right tools.

I love my Lyman trigger pull gauge. One of the best tools I’ve bought. Hopefully it lasts a long time. 

My open guns are set at 1lb 4oz, I have plenty of rounds on both with no issues with reliability. I do put an eye on the sear when I tear them down for cleaning to make sure everything looks good. 1.5-2lbs really not that much difference just have to have good trigger discipline.

Just under 2lbs is usually the balance point with ease of shooting and reliability.  Below that and sear springs can drift enough in tension to cause hammer follow. It’s not the $90 hammer or the $30 sear that causes the issue it’s the $6-30 spring that causes changes that creates the problem.

I like mild creep at just under 2lb, because it pulls straighter than a 1.5lb “glass” breaking trigger for me.

^^^^this. Hammer follow sucks but the 1# pull was fun when it worked! 2 to 2.5 now, very happy and very reliable.

2 hours ago, yigal said:

1lb 1oz  on my cz tso  limited. 470-500 gramms

1lb 6 oz on my 2011  limited    620-660 gr.

Did you do anything to lighten the TSO? Normal seems to be in the 1.5-1.75 lb range.