Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting bags

andrewt556

4 hours ago, Delfuego said:

You got me all figured out. The drama with PRS shooting is primarily people on the internet. Just show up at a match and people will give you the shirt off their back (or a bag or tripod) no questions asked. 

Whole lotta excuses right there. You should hop on over to typer's hide and join in the shitshow

Looks like one excuse to me.  I’ll take your word for it being jackasses on the Internet.  That seems like a reasonable explanation.  I’m sure you are right about that.  Probably just a bunch of clowns that don’t even go to matches just punching keys at home. 

• 1 year later...

When you can only have one support bag in a rifle match or on a secret combat mission, it better be the NUMERO UNO from Armageddon Gear!

Made from Milspec solution-dyed rhinoceros calfskin and printed in official Crye Precision Multicam using low-IR-reflectivity processes and materials, the NUMERO UNO is the last shooting support you'll ever need. Ultra-lightweight unicorn feathers fill the bag to just the right amount of firmness for optimum support without slowing you down...much.  If you're as smart as we are you'll add a NUMERO UNO to your range bag each time you go shooting. Well, you can't actually put it *in* your range bag since this thing is so huge, but take it with you, at least. Quick-release buckles on each shoulder strap allow you to attach the NUMERO UNO to the roof rack on your car since it won't really fit inside there either.

So, whether you're thumbing your nose at the match director's BS gear rules or smoking tangos on clandestine sniper ops, the NUMERO UNO is the one and only support bag you’ll ever need.

Note: Some of the information in this product description may not be exactly true, but don't hold that against us. In fact, it's pretty much all BS, but we had a good time making this video and hope you have a good time watching it.

Edited by Gunsnjeeps

for newbies, i'd start with a large athletic sock, put in a pantyhose 'foot' liner and fill it with airsoft bb's and tie it off.  easy to squeeze etc for elevation and the like.  at your first couple of prs matches, just ask folks to borrow their 'real' bags and figure out what works best for you and buy that or those.  but the sock does a great job, certainly for starters.  

there's a douchewaffle in every game and sport there is.  but the vast vast majority of folks i've shot with in prs, 2 & 3 gun, uspsa, etc etc have been nice and helpful.  i even had one of the best shooters in the game spend an hour with me (just some avg joe schmuck) after day one of a match to help get my rifle running again.

https://www.armageddongear.com/Waxed-Canvas-Optimized-Game-Changer-_p_137.html

Greatest flat surface area and large contact pads for the rifle.  The rest of the stability is based on the way you set up a rifle.  Flat under the balance point, barrel low in the stock/chassis, width of the flat, etc.  I've been using this bag for the last 3 years (whenever it came out).

I've been shooting PRS for a while and tried most of the popular bags out there and have a pile of them in my garage.  If you have any questions about bags hit me up.

https://www.armageddongear.com/Waxed-Canvas-Optimized-Game-Changer-_p_137.html

Greatest flat surface area and large contact pads for the rifle.  The rest of the stability is based on the way you set up a rifle.  Flat under the balance point, barrel low in the stock/chassis, width of the flat, etc.  I've been using this bag for the last 3 years (whenever it came out).

I've been shooting PRS for a while and tried most of the popular bags out there and have a pile of them in my garage.  If you have any questions about bags hit me up.

This is only bag you need. I use this as my rear bag also.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got the Weibad Fortune Cookie and Fortune Cookie Mini and have been using them quite a bit.  If I was going to get just one, it would be the mini.  The full size Fortune Cookie sometimes gets in my way when I'm shooting from a bench.

Here is the link to the mini:  https://wiebad.com/mini-drc-fortune-cookie/

Their shipping was very fast and the quality is excellent.

Just my 2 cents

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/1/2019 at 8:32 PM, XD Niner said:

Wiebad Mini Fortune Cookie.  Very similar to a GameChanger but with some improvements and a lower cost. 

Full size Fortune Cookie

The smaller version is a better fit for 22 LR precision rifles and is $14 less.

Mini Fortune Cookie

That’s been my primary bag for 4 years.  I’ve used pretty much everything there is for PRS or hunting etc..

• 3 months later...
On 12/31/2018 at 12:06 PM, andrewt556 said:

If you only had one bag which one and why? 

I was running a large fortune cookie and switched to a heavy fill schmedium gamechanger. 

Also picked up Taylor was here rear bag from snipershide. Love it. 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

waxed game changer for rear bag, and then i have ARCA rail plate/bag combo depending on the stage. 

Gamechanger has been around from day 1, and you dont mess with success. I've tried others, but ALWAYS go back to my original gamechanger, or the waxed gamechanger depending on how much grip i need

• 6 months later...