Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm 1911. Which ones have ramped barrels?

mrgrabow

Baer. He refers to them as supported instead of ramped, not sure which lingo is most common. 

58 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Could always have a non ramped barrel pistol rebarreled for a ramped barrel? Thanks, Eric

Interesting question. Is the frame on a ramped barrel gun cut for the ramp or does it start out life already dimensioned for it ? 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

16 minutes ago, RePete said:

Why do you say that?

About STI? Not worth buying?

IF that is your question.  gun is /was/ way over priced for what they tried to shove down your throat.

Like Caddy and Lincoln in the 80's and 90's they rode on their name and expected everybody to buy because it said STI on it.

Their QC went down and the price went up.

Cracked slides/frames. Frames out of spec etc.  Life time warranty was great until they took 2-6monthes or more to get

the pistol back to you.  Or in a worse case scenario they denied the claim because you milled your slide to the 

exact specs of the DVC.  Then said the slide was made to light due to the milling.

I was a fan of STI for years but after 3-4 problems with both 2011 and 1911's and parts etc (slide mentioned above) I gave up on them.

Went to CK and Pt for 2011 frames and Caspain for slides and 1911 frames.  Best part is I don't know how their warranty is, BECAUSE I haven't needed it for the last 2 1/2 years 

because nothing has broke!

Really wish you hadn't asked, I just went on a tirade!

Edited by jcc7x7

Hoping sti makes its way back to a great vendor.

Dave Dawson is supposed to be coming back to help with that I'm led to believe.

I hope it turns out for the best for them.

Which will then be better for all of us.

More good suppliers of guns and parts is best for all concerned.

1 hour ago, jcc7x7 said:

About STI? Not worth buying?

IF that is your question.  gun is /was/ way over priced for what they tried to shove down your throat.

Like Caddy and Lincoln in the 80's and 90's they rode on their name and expected everybody to buy because it said STI on it.

Their QC went down and the price went up.

Cracked slides/frames. Frames out of spec etc.  Life time warranty was great until they took 2-6monthes or more to get

the pistol back to you.  Or in a worse case scenario they denied the claim because you milled your slide to the 

exact specs of the DVC.  Then said the slide was made to light due to the milling.

I was a fan of STI for years but after 3-4 problems with both 2011 and 1911's and parts etc (slide mentioned above) I gave up on them.

Went to CK and Pt for 2011 frames and Caspain for slides and 1911 frames.  Best part is I don't know how their warranty is, BECAUSE I haven't needed it for the last 2 1/2 years 

because nothing has broke!

Really wish you hadn't asked, I just went on a tirade!

I have 2 STI's and they are great.  A Trojan for 8 years (45) and a Ranger II 6 years (9mm).  No problems with either.

1 hour ago, RePete said:

I have 2 STI's and they are great.  A Trojan for 8 years (45) and a Ranger II 6 years (9mm).  No problems with either.

Seems like when Obama got elected and the gun shelves emptied some companies couldn't resist the temptation to do what it takes to fill demand. Not just STI.

2 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Hoping sti makes its way back to a great vendor.

Me too!