Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Everyday-Knive"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat,

which model (CRKT)? Usually I have a CRKT "Patton" (small folder) in my pocket. It is not too large. I have a Spyderco Military also and this knive is toooooo large for everyday-use! A friend gave me a Cold-Steel neck knive as a gift. This knive is REALLY SHARP!

Ron, ditto on the Benchmade!  I keep an AFCK tucked inside my waistband everyday.  Light, sharp, and opens fast.  I keep a Swiss Army officer in my pocket for a tool.  The Benchmade is for emergencies.  

Surefire 6Z flashlight.

Benchmade AFCK.

Springfield 1911 in .45 ACP.

I don't know.  They're just material things, but they sure make me feel good.   (mebbe the male equivalent to diamonds are a girls best friend.)

I've got one of those Gerber little Applegates. I lost the double edged one and replaced with the single. Its a bit big, and the blade stains quite easily, (a problem with ATS34 I gather) but its a lovely knife. Not quite jewelry, but certainly the worlds dearest bloat knife!

Have been carrying a Benchmade 750SBT Pinnacle for two years now.......titanium handle and very useful blade.......tuff knife.......won't be flying with it anymore I guess.

Christmas gift to myself this year will be a large Chris Reeves Sebenza........

Personally,

I love Cold Steel and knives and their products overall. I use them at work (LEO) and everywhere I go. The are very reasonably priced, cheaper than most knives and their quality is at a minimum just as good and most times, the quality is better.

Rugged and deathly dependable doesn't even begin to describe them. Every Cold Steel knife and product I've owned has been ungodly sharp and almost indestructable. Great price, fantastic quality, incredible sharpness and edge retention with an indestructable quality makes for a great carry/everyday knife.

And no, I don't work for the company, just a very satisfied, happy customer that has been assisted many times "on the job" by their products.

I like the Emerson, Mad Dog, and Spyderco knives as well, just not as impressed with quality on Spyderco and the price is very high on Emerson and Mad Dog.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one for everyday of the week...lol  I have my CRKT Apache II and my Benchmade Elishewtz for everyday/work knives.  I have a small Beretta on my key chain. My dress Knives is a Benchmade ARES 730BT.  And when I want to get my point across I use my Cold Steel SRK.

And of course I have a Leatherman.  I like to take that whole 'Always come prepared' statement to the limit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I didnt see anybody mention the Kershaws.  Great knives and legal almost autos.  For those of you who carry a knife with  the ideal of using it as a defensive weapon give a long hard look to the type of lock your knife has.  Just my .02

Flex---

The Ken Onion designed Kershaw's are impressive little knives.......and they sell at a very reasonable price.

Quality has been uniformly high and customers are happy with the user-friendliness they exhibit........especially the chive and scallion models. Great for everyday pocket carry.

I would say the two best deals in knives today are the products from CRKT and Kershaw........

• 4 weeks later...

Mine didn't cut a stack of scoresheets very well the other day. (I'm D class in the blade division.) Designated scoresheet-holder Shootergrrl was genuinely frightened, and that was even before she read about Jack Barnes and Tawn.

Xmas present already? Either Ghost Cat needs to look at a calendar or you've been shaking your presents under the tree.

Have a bunch of Cold Steel stuff.  Great for use in the bush or for training (properly, of course).  Use an old Spyderco Mariner a lot underwater, along with a Cold Steel SRK, hanging upside-down on the dive harness.  For general use, I'm sold on  CRKT's Mirage series, esp. the "Gray Ghost" units.  Several profiles available, all of excellent quality, super economical, and designed by a fellow sailplane pilot (way to go, Jim!).  Cannot understand why it has been discontinued.  Excellent buy at the gun shows, for those interested.

(Edited by dpcdivr at 10:01 pm on Dec. 18, 2001)

Quote: from Ross Chevalier on 12:16 pm on Oct. 1, 2001

Emerson CQC-7B.  Light, superb balance, easy to keep sharp - get the Spyderco Sharpening System for any knives you hope to keep properly honed - and "super reliable don't cut your finger off" lock.

Yup I'm biased.  $ 4 $ you cannot lose with an Ernest Emerson product.

Cheers,

Ross

I'm with Ross, I carry an Emerson CQC-7A. You can't beat Ernie's stuff for durability. I also carry a Spyderco Rescue in my bunker coat pocket and a Spyderco Spyder Wrench in bunker pants.

• 3 months later...