Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Venom Customs!?

IDAHOAASHOOTER

Just waiting on the comp and then this bundle of goodies is headed Dons way!  Still dreaming up my lightening cuts, judging by his latest photos on FB not much he can't accomplish with a mill.  

IDAHOA excited to see how that color combo you choose turns out, upload pics when you can.

IMG_6663.jpg

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Hawk21 said:

Just waiting on the comp and then this bundle of goodies is headed Dons way!  Still dreaming up my lightening cuts, judging by his latest photos on FB not much he can't accomplish with a mill.  

Have you used the PT safeties before? On a different gun? I ask, because unless you know for certain that they work for you I would go with something different and sell those ones. Most people I know, myself included, have issues with turning the safeties on accidentally during recoil just because of the geometry of them. 

3 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

It is an infinity, so I would doubt it. Unless he got super lucky like I did and tracked one down. 

I'm just excited that KKM is going to be making the 5 inchers now. 

Just looks a tad short in that pic. 

I'm just trying to decide if I want to go 5 or 5.5.  

I would like to shoot them side by side with all esle being equal. My gun is a full size but it's plastic grip and steel comp so shooting it next to a all steel middy isn't going to give me the feedback I'm wanting.  

Gonna just have to flip a coin. It's not like the difference is going to make or break my performance. 

35 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Just looks a tad short in that pic. 

I'm just trying to decide if I want to go 5 or 5.5.  

I would like to shoot them side by side with all esle being equal. My gun is a full size but it's plastic grip and steel comp so shooting it next to a all steel middy isn't going to give me the feedback I'm wanting.  

Gonna just have to flip a coin. It's not like the difference is going to make or break my performance

I like the way the 5" balances, but no it isn't going to make or break anything for you. I just find that a little bit shorter gun, especially since it has the Ti comp, gets the balance point right in the middle.

ITs all personal preference. Middys are in right now. The market tends to cycle from Full Size, To Middy to Shorty, to Middy, to Full size, to Middy... and so on. People want to buy the newest hotness and if builders dont switch it up, the offerings can look stale. Obviously full size guns or others from the 90s are much different from those made today but its the same concept.

7 hours ago, Maximis228 said:

ITs all personal preference. Middys are in right now. The market tends to cycle from Full Size, To Middy to Shorty, to Middy, to Full size, to Middy... and so on. People want to buy the newest hotness and if builders dont switch it up, the offerings can look stale. Obviously full size guns or others from the 90s are much different from those made today but its the same concept.

Its funny how it cycles, I recently rebuilt a ancient Middy build on a Gen2 Caspian frame. whats old is new again. (except I did a cheep steel comp)

49 minutes ago, B_Seehawer said:
17 hours ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:
Sure thing buddy, should have everything to send to him Friday. Hoping to see it in my hands in 3-4 weeks!

Wow, why so long?!

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Lol, I'm buying a gun that is complete he is gonna tweak a few things for me tune my mags. Test some ammo that I plan on running. Sooooo much better than 6-12 months lol 

12 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Is that a 5" barrel?

Good eye yes it is 

11 hours ago, Gooldylocks said:

Have you used the PT safeties before? On a different gun? I ask, because unless you know for certain that they work for you I would go with something different and sell those ones. Most people I know, myself included, have issues with turning the safeties on accidentally during recoil just because of the geometry of them. 

My current open pistol has ambi SV safety, so this will be my first set of shielded safeties.  I'm a lefty so not sure if ill have the same issues or not but what did you go with... double tap?

Thanks for the heads up

5 minutes ago, Hawk21 said:

Good eye yes it is 

My current open pistol has ambi SV safety, so this will be my first set of shielded safeties.  I'm a lefty so not sure if ill have the same issues or not but what did you go with... double tap?

Thanks for the heads up

Haven't you heard?  Shorties and full size are the best.

I'll buy that 5" off you. 

22 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Haven't you heard?  Shorties and full size are the best.

I'll buy that 5" off you. 

🤣 thanks for the offer but I’m gonna stick with it 

hit up infinity....worst case 6 weeks but there was another thread someone stated theirs showed up in only a couple weeks!!

[emoji1787] thanks for the offer but I’m gonna stick with it 

hit up infinity....worst case 6 weeks but there was another thread someone stated theirs showed up in only a couple weeks!!
For a 5"? When did they start selling them again? Because they have been unavailable for a couple years now at least from what I understand. Straight up told Don and@accu9 no when they asked about it.

11 hours ago, Hawk21 said:

Thanks for the heads up

They were completely unusable for me, I ended up going with just regular Wilson High Rides in stainless. I thought I wanted the shields (my old gun had short shields) but after using these with no issues, I am probably gonna keep using them on future guns (they are super cheap and comfortable). The doubletap are a good alternative to the PT I think, they don't seem to have the same issue. 

But since you are a lefty, I don't know if the issue still would be there. All I know is they sit a bit lower than other safeties, which I think is why they get turned on. So it might happen regardless of which side they are on. 

11 hours ago, Gooldylocks said:

For a 5"? When did they start selling them again? Because they have been unavailable for a couple years now at least from what I understand. Straight up told Don and@accu9 no when they asked about it.

True true went back and they were discussing 5.4” sorry for the confusion, guess b_rad will have to wait for the new KKM  hybrids to come out 

3 minutes ago, rishii said:

My PDs came in 3 days all the way to Hawaii

usps works in  mysterious  ways

My blue bullets on the other hand was shipped out quick, and sat in a NC distribution center for 10 days

That Hurricane went through the area Blue bullets is located. That sort facility (and entire area) was evacuated. My order was held up there as well. Normally they are fast.

Ammo is Nashville bound for test fire, super pumped to get this blaster in my hands. I'm getting the infinity mount that's about an inch further back mounts on both sides. Anyone have experience with these? Little anxious never shooting one before how the transition will be.