Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Goals?

iweiny

All this talk about "With Winning in Mind", the fact my book came on Tues, and I just finished it last night has me thinking about what my goals with USPSA really are. When I first started it was just "to have fun" I think that goal has been, and will continue to be, met. Now I think my goal is to be the best shooter I can be. But I think that might be a little vague.

So... I am curious to know what other peoples goals are? Big, small, whatever...

Ira

Well, for me, since I'm still very much a beginner in the sport, I'm going to start out with goals of moving up to a higher class, and then when I reach that point, I'll re-evaluate my goals. Enjoying what I'm doing is always my MOST important goal.

Mike

a. Finish no lower than 60% of the winning score in the next match

b. Get a routine before shooting each stage (look, ask, airgun, interpret stage, then mentally rehearse in realtime)

c. Practice one fundamental skill each match

d. Do not tank any classifiers AT ALL!

e. Improve to B class Limited (60%) by 3/31/06. This means I'll have to average about 70% in classifiers for five months. My best score on a classifier so far is 56%.

g. Get initial classification of B (60%) in L-10 or Production

i. Shoot at least one match in Open class

j. Help set up the local matches

To bring back the Single Stack and to see more shinny Heads at the range.

No extra rounds fired to complete the stage - always a goal

-------

If your not having fun you are doing it wrong.........

QuicksDraw -

I have the Conan .WAV file to which you are alluding. I used to have my PC set up to play it every time it booted. Did you know that quote came from Genghis Khan? Two variants I've heard:

"The greatest happiness is to crush your enemies and drive them before you; to see his cities reduced to ashes; to see those who love him shrouded in tears; and to gather to your bosom his wives and daughters."

- Genghis Khan, quoted by Vin Suprynowicz in "Do we have the nerve to win a war?" Posted at http://www.thelibertarian.net/2001/vs010916.html

"Man's greatest good fortune is to chase and defeat his enemy, seize his total possessions, leave his married women weeping and wailing, ride his gelding, and use the bodies of his women."

- Genghis Khan

To learn something new every day. Not necessarily related to shooting.

My shooting goal is to be competitive. I don't have to win, but I have got to be competitive. That is why I shoot...other than the fact that I love the smell of burning nitrocellulose. :D:D:D

dj

My goals as of now:

-Shoot all stages clean w/ no 'D' hits.

-Get out of C class somtime soon.

-Stop getting mikes on classifiers

-Be mentaly and physically prepared for every stage.

-Develope a solid gameplan for a stage maximizing efficentcy and w/ minimal movement.

-Most of all, Have fun and be safe.

Goals:

Make master class by start of next season (not far to go!)

Improve my mental game, specifically I want to get rid of any negative judgements about performances at the major matches

Shoot smarter, in other words, improve my ability to look at a stage and guesstimate my hit factor.

Wow, you guys have given me a lot to think about. One of my problems with "hobbies" is I get so serious about them that they start to not be fun. "The Mental Edge" speaks to this and really hit home. It is nice to know what other people's goals are.

I have one to add:

To build a 1911 from scratch. A Nice one. With as much of the work done myself.

Thanks,

Ira

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

make master in any division, hopefully open.

this goal was set to be completed at the first of the year on or before my 23rd birthday, but with work schedule, i havent been able to shoot a match in 2 months....no match=no classifier= no moving up.

goal has been rescheduled to march 2006.

Harmon