Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Goals?

iweiny

My goal in shooting is to have fun. Learn something new and useful everyday. Build up my mental shooting game. Get an initial classification of B in production class. Allow my shooting to be a stress reliever. Learn so that one day I may give advise to others. Promote the sport of shooting to others. Win a major match. Shoot consistently each time I go out to shoot.

Edit to add time frame: By the end of next year's outdoor season I would like to accomplish the following:

First and for most shoot safe and smart.

Have fun!

Make B in Limited-10

Make C in Revolver

Shoot at the Area-5 regional match and not come in DFL. :ph34r::D

mcb

Edited by mcb

• 2 weeks later...

When I started shooting USPSA my goal was to WIN, WIN, WIN. After realizing about 1-1/2 years into it that I (Along with everyone else around me) didn't like that person so I changed my goals.

Now my goals are to learn something all the time, listen to and watch those who are better at it than I am and not be an ass-hole to others.

Edited by Bigbadaboom

To get my picture on front site with the title "Dean wins Limited Nationals" :)

Um, Tommy - ya kinda gotta shoot the Nationals to win them hone. I don't mean to burst your bubble, or crush your dreams, but there ya have it :rolleyes:

Finish my CRO course

Good on ya matie. That's a tough one! I bitched out my RMI and quit at least twice while trying to get through that monster!!!! But it's soooooo worth it when you can FINALLY scratch that one off of the list!

I love this sport, and hope to continue loving it. After shooting in this sport for 7+ months now, I believe I earned my A card in limited after the last classifier I shot, so I would say to make master in 5 more months. And to be competitive in whichever class I'm in. To contiinue to learn as much as I can about the little things that matter in the sport. To get more people interested in the sport. maybe try shooting some production in the near future. To shoot fast and accurate always. cool topic! :)

My goals (in no particular order) are:

Get my GM card some day

Place 1st in limited division in a major match.

Avoid blowing my foot off during a speed draw.

Avoid throwing my gun 30 feet down range during a speed draw.

Oh yeah.. I also have a goal that involves Angelina Jolie but let's not get into that.

Tls

Edited by tlshores

My goals are to eliminate little mistakes in local and major matches and eventually earn my GM card in all 5 divisions and be able to compete at that level at major matches. I know getting GM in all 5 is a long shot but it's one of my long term goals.

My short term goals are:

Have the scale say something less than 300 by Double Tap Championship

Win my Class at Area 4 (as long as I don't move up before then"

Shoot at least 2 Area Matches and 4 other Major matches next season.

My long term goal is to someday make at least Master in Open.......... and maybe limited.

My short term goals are:

Have the scale say something less than 300 by Double Tap Championship

Then you'd be...a little lucky? :)

I like this thread. Be interesting to look back on it in a year or two....

My primary goal is to maintain interest and enthuthiasm in this sport. Right now, everything's exciting, and because it's my first year, I'm improving in large chunks, but that's because there's also a lot of low-hanging fruit, to mix metaphors. In the past with other ventures, thinking specifically of golf and guitar, among others, I got to a certain level, say "A" and "high B" respectively, but could never make the push upwards to "M", or sustain my interest, and in short, the pursuit was no longer fun.

Specific goals are 1) work on mental laziness during matches, or "maintaining focus," for a more positive spin. 2) work on visual patience. Get the shot off when I see what I need to; no more or no less. 3) shoot at least 3 major tournaments next year, and hopefully one area match.

• 1 month later...

To compete consistently at the highest level.

I will accomplish this by:

- treating every shot at every stage at every match as if it were Nationals

- dry firing at home at least 4 nights a week for at least 30 minutes per session

- maintaining a high level of fitness through lifting weights and running

- shooting as many 200 round practice sessions as I can afford each month

- maintaining a daily log and journal of my progress throughout the year

- creating a message of self affirmation and adjusting it throughout the year as necessary

2006 is going to be a very good year

• 1 month later...

1. draw .65 -1.0 (e=mc2)

2. split .15

3. trans .15

4. reload .80

5. 90% alphas

6. NO missed targets or no shoots !

7. don't let one mess up kill a stage! points is points ! get as many as you can after !

8. movement : if i'm not shooting i'm moving ... DONT GET CAUGHT STANDING !

9. no bad stages (even if it was ! )

10. mentaly prepared for every stage ! and every match ! and every shot !

11. win every match I enter (without thinking or trying to )

12. Area 1 champion

13. Dont get mad if I don't make it ... but NEVER NEVER STOP TRYING !

1. Have fun & be safe above all else

2. Be as consistent as possible in my abilities

3. Win my class in at LEAST one major match this season

4. Consistently win my division in local matches

5. Make "A" class before the end of NEXT season

I just made "B" class and Im getting ready to start my second season. I really owe the people around me alot for all of their guidance, patients, and support. Its not just the shooting that holds me to this sport, the people are top notch!