Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Happened To This Guy? The Gun Blew

That site is funny as hell Merlin, I'll have to see if I can find it.

I don't remember the exact caliber but the name of the round was the T-Rex.

.560 T-Rex / .750 T-Rex ... Something like that.

I can't believe I lost the link. Someone on here has to have it.

Merlin those videos are at accurate reloading

There is one they call the ballerina where a big guy shoots and then spins around on his toes. The gun is a Ruger #1 rechambered to .460 Weatherby. I happen to have the exact same gun and it is a hoot to shoot. I am a big guy and it is not too hard to handle as long as your are ready for it. A .45 cal 500 grain bullet at 2,600+ fps is quite a rush. :blink:

Neal in AZ

I tried to fin the link showing the Arabian gentleman shooting what was obviously a BIG bore rifle - for the sake of comparison.  No luck.. :(

Accurate Reloading

I think you have to sign up to the forums to view the videos. Great place, but you have to watch out for the moderators wacky sense of humor. On April first they ran a gag about being shut down by the BATF, all forums being watched and all IP addresses of forum users being investigated, etc... It was pretty funny, if it actually was a joke..... :huh:

Nolan

Skilled, but otherwise unremarkable.

Accurate Reloading

I think you have to sign up to the forums to view the videos.  Great place, but you have to watch out for the moderators wacky sense of humor.  On April first they ran a gag about being shut down by the BATF, all forums being watched and all IP addresses of forum users being investigated, etc...  It was pretty funny, if it actually was a joke..... :huh:

Nolan

"all forums being watched and all IP addresses of forum users being investigated, etc..."

Makes you wonder??? Heard the same thing regarding the customer list of Paladin Press. :ph34r:

That site is funny as hell Merlin, I'll have to see if I can find it.

I don't remember the exact caliber but the name of the round was the T-Rex.

.560 T-Rex / .750 T-Rex ... Something like that.

I can't believe I lost the link. Someone on here has to have it.

It's a .577 TYRANNOSAUR or T-Rex. It's a ballistic twin to the .585 NYATI. They both use 750 gr bullets at .585" diameter. Both can generate over 10,000 ft-lbs of energy.

I have something similar. It's a .600 OverKill. 900gr, .620" diameter bullets. It also generates over 10,000 ft-lbs(you do the math, 900gr bullet-2265fps).

None of these rifles should fly out of your hands.

It's 4 am and I am laughing my ass off! Nothing like those photos but I was at the range one day with the 7 mag and I was shooting about 70 rounds off of the bench doing some load development. The boy next to me had just bought a NEW 338 win mag for an Elk hunt and he was just afraid of the thing and couldn't put two rounds on paper for life or money. He finally asked me if I would shoot it and sight it in for him.

I shot really pretty clover leaf groups with his rifle. Then suggested that maybe he might do better with his tried and true ole' '06 that he was use to for the hunt. He never fired that rifle after I sighted it in and I would bet a weeks pay that any elk in his sights was fairly safe standing broadside in the open at 100 yards with that man behind that trigger.

Common problem with "have to get the new rifle for the hunt" and can't controll it. I would love to touch one of these fire breathers off - just to say that I did it. Dropping that rifle is a sin though.

The only gun I ever declined an invitation to shoot was a left-handed Weatherby .460Mag. I shoot right-handed. When I shouldered it and looked down at that bolt handle in front of my chin, I chickened out.

Foolishly agreed to try out a friend's new snub-nosed .454 Casull last week - 3 rounds was enough! I am a large dude (6'2" & 180 lbs) so I was not in any danger of dropping the thing but what misearble gun to shoot!

Foolishly agreed to try out a friend's new snub-nosed .454 Casull last week - 3 rounds was enough! I am a large dude (6'2" & 180 lbs) so I was not in any danger of dropping the thing but what misearble gun to shoot!

I have a similar experience. Last year at a match, someone brought out a .500S&W and was selling the ammo so ppl could try it out. I bought 2 rounds, shot the first and proceded to unlatch the cylinder removing the other round. I handed the gun back to the guy and said thanks for the wrist pain.

Right after the 454 Casull came out a local ipsc shooter bought one. He missed a couple of the weekly indoor ipsc matches then showed up with a big bandage on his forehead. Yup, he fired it off a bench while resting his elbows on the bench! :o:wacko: I think he had to have several stitches.

Nolan

Not that it was a monster but a buddy brings his Thompson out in 35 rem with some hot loads and I try it off of the bench. My elbows were resting on the bench and on the trigger pull my right arm goes numb. Damn strongest funny bone wack that I ever think I have had. No, I didn't drop the gun, but didn't shoot that thing again with my elbows on the bench either.

LMAO

I have a .378 Weatherby, 6000 lb.s energy, and about 105 lb.s of recoil. I can shoot it NO PROBLEM, but some of my shooting friends won't go near the thing :D

BTW, it shoots 3/4 minute of angle with a 300 grain bullet :D

Somewhere, there's gotta be a tutorial on "How to shoot a high-recoil firearm without dropping it like an asshat" ???

Actually, I have one here. I'll transcribe it below.

3 STEPS TO OVERCOMING THE RECOIL IMPULSE

1. Hold on.

3. Grow a pair- don't be afraid of the thing! It can smart a little, true; but it only hurts if you mind it. 99.9% of felt recoil gets the shooter between the ears, not in the shoulder.

2. If you have stick-arms, a bird-chest and a fragile constitution, realize that you might just not be physically capable of #1. Do not be deluded! :D