Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Is The Best State To Shoot Uspsa?

I would like to ask what is the best state to shoot in, in case one visits the usa? In terms of quality and quantity of uspsa shoots and pro shooter firearm laws.

I know kalifornia is out but then again i may be wrong.

thanks guys.

I would like to ask what is the best state to shoot in, in case one visits the usa? In terms of quality and quantity of uspsa shoots and pro shooter firearm laws.

I know kalifornia is out but then again i may be wrong.

thanks guys.

Florida

Here in Central Florida you can find a Club within easy driving on any weekend.

The weather is perfect shooting weather year around but you may find the summers a bit hot (rains a lot in the summer too.).

Also lots for you and the family to do here when you’re not shooting.

LOL...Western PA....4-5 clubs...you can shoot every Sunday from March through October.

Best part is they work together in the selection of classifiers so you never get the same one....

Florida, Central Florida.

If you base out of Orlando area, you have to choose between matches, and can still shoot every Saturday and Sunday of the month. And in Orlando, there are two indoor matches a week.

5th Sat & Sun there are 3-guns. I think other clubs have them 2nd and 3rd weekends as well.

East Coast has Gambrell, West Coast has SmittyFL, PaulW is in the middle. Up North you got Joey Cartwright and David Wilds, and down South you got Dave Pruitt. I am sure I am missing some, but you can find GM's and fifty other shooters wherever you go in the Gunshine state.

come get some.

Northern California: Richmond 1st Sunday, TASC 2nd Saturday, Solano 2nd Sunday, Ione Steel Challenge 2nd Sunday, Ione 3rd Saturday, Richmond 3rd Sunday, Oakdale 3rd Sunday, TASC 4th Saturday, Ione 4th Sunday

And that doesn't include IDPA, long gun, 3 gun, or other matches.

Northern California: Richmond 1st Sunday, TASC 2nd Saturday, Solano 2nd Sunday, Ione Steel Challenge 2nd Sunday, Ione 3rd Saturday, Richmond 3rd Sunday, Oakdale 3rd Sunday, TASC 4th Saturday, Ione 4th Sunday

And that doesn't include IDPA, long gun, 3 gun, or other matches.

Actually, ALL of California - the Bay Area as listed by Erik and in the South you have Piru, Norco, Ridgecrest, Pala, San Diego, Palm Springs and a TON of others! Not to mention, California has MORE sightseeing stuff than Florida and the weather is pretty much perfect all year!

cool answers pls keep it coming. I thought California is out due to their strict gun laws. Looks like im wrong.

Any shooting in San Francisco? Not the shooting in the street kind :) some of my relatives are there.

Also in Boston but i hear it gets reeeeeaal cold there and might not be able to shoot in winter time.

I can't believe nobody has voted for Minnesota yet. I can shoot a league on Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur evenings from May - Aug. And if your a weekend shooter, Almost every Sat from March-Sept. The only month we don't shoot is January. Have to have time to reload and make bulllets. We even have CCW now.

Texas, while being a real state (unlike crapfests that require a FOID, or don't recognize armed citizens in favor of their disarmed subjects, or have retarded magazine restrictions, or toy with the idea of having "serial numbered bullets" and other such mentally and morally deficient activities), does have some probems.

It is big.

Hitting those early morning matches even halfway across the state force a overnight stay in a hotel.

Much as I hate to do it, even I would vote for AZ due just to short drives in that tiny little state ;)

Alex

Edited by jhgtyre

Texas, while being a real state [ ... ], does have some probems.

It is big.

2nd Alex. There's a match (IPSC, IDPA, Steel, etc) pretty much every day of every weekend in Central TX, but sometimes you've got to drive 2+ hours to get there.

I have noticed a lot of ranges are close to small airports, but still gotta work out the 'last-5-miles' problem.

Where's my flying car? They promised flying cars by the Year 2000!

While the IL gun laws DO SUCK, I live in northern IL and can shoot in league Tuesday and Thursday nights, and shoot 6 club level matches within an hour drive on weekends. Nationals are a 4 hour drive, and Area's 3 and 5 are usually within an easy drive as well.