Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Grips

jmaples71

Good friend of mine uses those on his Tang. I've always been concerned of what would happen if you had some type of ammo blowout. Pretty rough on the old hands. Never had it happen to me, but was shooting a match when a guy shot what was probably a double charged round in a Glock. Gun was fine, but it blew the mag out of the gun. 

Good friend of mine uses those on his Tang. I've always been concerned of what would happen if you had some type of ammo blowout. Pretty rough on the old hands. Never had it happen to me, but was shooting a match when a guy shot what was probably a double charged round in a Glock. Gun was fine, but it blew the mag out of the gun. 
Yeah, I have no idea. But if you load your own ammo and have great QC, no need to really worry. I think the odds are pretty well in your favor otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have a set of LOK grips on my shadow 2 and they lock it into your hand just like the name suggests. They work well.

I used the open-sided grips on a 1911 of mine before on a trip out west using it as a snake Blaster while hunting prairie dogs. I replace the grips after I returned home. The open sides allowed every last bit of dirt, dust and crap to get on the mags and up inside the weapon.

For short period use in USPSA in a controlled environment that may be a total non-issue though.

I’d give Lok grips in Michigan a call.  Great grips with lots of options.  I called, he took the info I gave him and he sent out my grips the following morning.  Highly recommended. 

I’d give Lok grips in Michigan a call.  Great grips with lots of options.  I called, he took the info I gave him and he sent out my grips the following morning.  Highly recommended. 

Yup Henning fully checkered for the win. Nicest grips I've used so far. 

Those scales are nice to shoot with, but I have seen the results of a KB with them on, not pretty, not pretty at all.

12 hours ago, George16 said:

I got the palm swell version. I like the feel of the grips because it fills up the space in my palm nicely. Kind of like the contour of my 1911 grips.

Me, too. Love the Loks.

Edited by MikieM

4 hours ago, jmaples71 said:

Henning look nice, but boy are the proud of them! $$$

Couldn’t agree more.  Like the way they look but the Loks are nice too and cost less. 

I had a pair of LOK palmswell, but I hd to file down the tops . I liked them after that 

I got a set of VZ palm swells on there now and I love them , they are a little bit narrower than the LOK's

and not quite as crazy rough.

I see LOK has added a new model specifically for the Shadow 2 to fix that issue.

they pay attention

VZ

vz%20grips%20rear_zps7l2dgtce.jpg

LOK

lok%20grips%201_zpswlfx85g8.jpg

Edited by kmanick

Just now, kmanick said:

I had a pair of LOK palmswell, but I hd to file down the tops . I liked them after that 

I got a set of VZ palm swells on there now and I love them , they are a little bit narrower than the LOK's

and not quite as crazy rough.

I see LOK has added a new model specifically for the Shadow 2 to fix that issue.

they pay attention

Thats the first thing I did after I initially installed them. I didn’t like the flare at the top especially on my trigger finger so I sanded them.

Before sanding

E1141118-680_D-42_F7-_A016-_D05_A536_C59

after sanding

7_B48_EFE2-3_EE3-4441-8_CC9-9254_ECBE7_E