Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell search

I'm having a hard time finding a magwell for my dedicated 9mm ar. It seems the 3d printed ones I saw last year are no longer available. Is the dedicated colt mag lower so out of favor no one makes a magwell for it? a RRA lar-9 in my case...

I think many of the dedicated Colt lowers mimic the exterior profile of a standard .223 AR. It seems like a lot of guys run standard AR magwells on them. The QC10 Colt lower is an exception to that as it's cut differently.

If you compare your LAR9 to a .223 lower you should be able to tell pretty quick. 

Rowdy, I just bought one from a new company called Titan Rocket Industries. I should get it tomorrow and will post some pictures when I do.

3 hours ago, Steve RA said:

The ones Taccom offered are now available from another company.  Can't remember the name at the moment, the company was just started.  It was on here in the last couple of days.

Probably this one, Steve.

41 minutes ago, jualdeaux said:

Bobby Keigans just released some pics of the new NFA magwell that freedom gunworks is going to have. They are going to have red, blue, black and clear. Not sure what clear is going to be since they are machined. 

Where are the pictures?

1 hour ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

Where are the pictures?

Bobby posted them on his facebook page. Just to be clear. They haven't started selling them yet. He just posted pics of unfinished ones.

Edited by jualdeaux

Could someone educate me on 3D printing?

Why is it that the outside surface seems to be silky smooth yet the inside generally needs a little extra TLC.

This isn’t a knock on a prototype item. Just an observation for a lot of 3D printed mag wells. 

16 hours ago, v1911 said:

Could someone educate me on 3D printing?

Why is it that the outside surface seems to be silky smooth yet the inside generally needs a little extra TLC.

This isn’t a knock on a prototype item. Just an observation for a lot of 3D printed mag wells. 

I am sure the thinking is...

So you can sand it to fit, and match up smoothly to your specific gun.

Edited by Startingover