Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo 1 Mount Footprint?

OPENB

I'm interested in a Romeo 1 red dot sight. Does anyone know if it shares it's mount platform with any other red dot? I found a comment that it's the same as the Jpoint/Deltapoint, and another that it's the same as the Burris. Can't be both, so which is it? Or is it totally different?

• 2 weeks later...

My Romeo came today, & it will not fit on either the Deltapoint Pro mount or the Vortex/Fastfire mount from Henning. It appears to have its own proprietary platform. Henning has them available for mounting on a Shadow, & is taking pre-orders for the Tanfoglio. 

• 2 weeks later...

IIRC the DPP and Romeo1 share teh same mounting bolt pattern. That said I know that to direct mount a DPP to a P320 X-Five you have to extend the footprint on the X-Five slide by 2mm towards the muzzle. SO the Romeo1 should fit the DPP footprint, since it is shorter.

18 hours ago, averagemale said:

My Sig rep told me it is a unique footprint.

Probably because your Sig rep wants you to believe that the Romeo 1 is the ONLY MRDS you can buy for a P320.

It is unique in that is it 2mm shorter lengthwise (forward of the bolt holes) that a DPP or a Venom footprint.

7866565_02_sig_sauer_p320_x_five_with_leu_640.jpg

Edited by bossgvr4

If you grind off the little nipples (bosses) on the mount, the Romeo will probably fit on the DPP mount. But I wouldn't want the screws be the only thing keeping it secure on the mount. The screws can shear without the bosses.

Edited by OPENB

• 3 months later...
On 4/19/2018 at 8:04 PM, OPENB said:

If you grind off the little nipples (bosses) on the mount, the Romeo will probably fit on the DPP mount. But I wouldn't want the screws be the only thing keeping it secure on the mount. The screws can shear without the bosses.

RDS don't necessarily need bosses, especially if the pocket is tight. Mark at L&M is one of the best in the industry and doesn't use bosses at all. I'm approaching 2K through my delta point on X-Carry without bosses and haven't had a single issue.

Romeo 1 and DPP are almost identical in footprint and bolt spacing. From the rear edge, they are identical and the R1 is shorter in the front distance by about 1/8”. 

The real difference is the Romeo1 is sized for 6-48 thread screws and the DPP is M4. In order to use traditional M4 threaded hardware, you need to open up the mounting holes in the R1 by just a hair and get small head diameter socket head cap screws. The only place I could find them was here: https://www.nbk1560.com/en-US/products/specialscrew/nedzicom/lowsmallheadscrew/SNS-SD/SNS-M4-SD/SNS-M4-8-SD/

and it took them FOR EVER to ship.

it worked perfectly though.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 4:24 AM, jcc7x7 said:

R1 in 6moa is the nicest sight I have. I've been a Leupold guy for a long time but these are the best I've seen fwiw

On 11/8/2018 at 2:56 PM, RolexJohn said:

THIS!!  Love the 6 MOA Romeo1.

Where are you guys finding the Romeo1 in 6 MOA? Backordered everywhere I look, not even available on the SIG site...

38 minutes ago, Doublehelix said:

Where are you guys finding the Romeo1 in 6 MOA? Backordered everywhere I look, not even available on the SIG site...

evilbay says 3 available if you search "sig romeo1 6 moa"

On 4/20/2018 at 11:04 AM, OPENB said:

Thats all that holds them on the RX

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...