Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blitzkrieg Hydralic Buffer for 9mm PCC

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Doublek said:

I’m shooting Taccom(added 3rd stage)and Blitzkreig..so, my test at 15yds, pull trigger as fast as possible and see which had a tighter group..  For me, the Taccom  had the tighter grouping. 124 136pf

That is interesting.......as we basically tried to mimic that hydraulic bumper to a point, mechanically and with a much faster cyclic rate.

Edited by TRUBL

Speaking of mimicking, it sure would be nice if you'd mill a couple a three flats around the perimeter of the face of the buffer like Blitzkrieg does. It really makes life easier when installing, and removing. 

It's for this very reason I sold my MBX buffer. It took a good several minutes to get it in past the retainer pin, and about the same amount of time taking it out. Frustrating.

27 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: You could remove the buffer retaining detent as well. Makes changing buffer setups so much faster. Thanks, Eric

You are correct!  I just open my rifle and mine comes flying out like a jack-in-the-box ...Surprise!   

Makes it a pain to open and close the rifle without the retainer, as I have to reach my finger in between the upper and lower while opening to catch it, and keep it compressed with my finger so that I can close it.  

3 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: You could remove the buffer retaining detent as well. Makes changing buffer setups so much faster. Thanks, Eric

After having a detent break off and end up in the bottom of the lower.......I don't use detents any more.......I guess though, a guy could grind or mill flats on that

On 12/31/2017 at 7:37 PM, Neomet said:

I'm sure I will draw a flag for piling on but yeah, no detent here either.  

Consider yourself flagged. :D I think Ubl ought to put a couple of flats on these things to help the 'Super Seniors'. I have arthritis you see...and...

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:37 PM, MikieM said:

Speaking of mimicking, it sure would be nice if you'd mill a couple a three flats around the perimeter of the face of the buffer like Blitzkrieg does. It really makes life easier when installing, and removing. 

It's for this very reason I sold my MBX buffer. It took a good several minutes to get it in past the retainer pin, and about the same amount of time taking it out. Frustrating.

I bought your mbx buffer goes in and out of my buffer tube with the detent no problem with no tools.what issues were you having?

Between wet weather and Holiday traveling, I've not been able to spend much time at the practice range.

Thanks to Black Friday sales and Christmas presents I'm putting together my "BigBamBoo" gun.  I'm impressed with how the "original" handles in the videos.

Installed is the Taccom ULW barrel, Blitzkrieg buffer with JP .308 carbine spring and I will be shooting 115 gr/124 gr WWB ammo.   I will try several different bolts (Spinta without weight at 12.1 ounces and PSA at 14.9 ounces).

Once the temperature gets above 50 degrees and the range road drys out I get to go out and play.

Sounds like a winner Flats, but remember. The lighter the bolt gets the closer you may come to a possible case head separation. You get a bad piece of brass and the bolt begins opening too quickly, and KABOOM!

Our faces are awfully close to those uppers. :blink: