Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blitzkrieg Hydralic Buffer for 9mm PCC

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Screaminyz said:

Guys has anyone tried the regular JP-OSC/Sprinco Blue spring that is recommended by Blitz for shorter barrels like the Taccom ULW. What have you found or dislikes compared to the 308 carbine spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have. They work great. Especially with the Taccom ULW barrel. bolt, and Blitzkrieg buffer.

I haven’t had a chance to try this spring out yet as I read Blitz’s website recommendations wrong and ordered the 308 carbine spring originally. Hoping it takes some more of the recoil/ dot bounce out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a JP bolt and a blitz buffer running 133pf 124gr and 147gr loads out of a 16” barrel, mine had the least movement with a 223 carbine spring and about $1.50-$2 in quarters (forget exactly how many quarters). Definitely had more movement with the dot when I tried a 308 carbine spring.  The quarters also made a noticeable impact as I had more bounce with the 223 carbine spring and no quarters vs 223 with quarters.  My experiment with wave spring next. 

What you like best is mostly personal preference, or what method you use to determine what is best.   

Before getting the .223 Carbine spring, I was happy with the .308 Carbine spring since it felt much softer than the .308 Rifle spring.  

When I got the .223 Carbine spring, it felt better than the .308 Carbine spring, but the groups on the target were much tighter too.  I could have shot either (feel wise)

but the .223 Carbine spring was clearly better on target.