Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm down with PCC...Nordic Review.

Kinda surprised this gun is not getting more traction. Mine runs  >> flawlessly << and is very accurate. As far as I'm concerned, this is the nicest out of the box PCC available and at a good price for the high quality. You really don't need to do anything but put a sight on it and go shoot.

On 11/6/2017 at 9:02 PM, wheelie said:

Kinda surprised this gun is not getting more traction. Mine runs  >> flawlessly << and is very accurate. As far as I'm concerned, this is the nicest out of the box PCC available and at a good price for the high quality. You really don't need to do anything but put a sight on it and go shoot.

Cost would be one thing. And for me, the weight of the rig. We have a gent here at our local club that has one. But then he handled one of my Taccom rigs and put a rig together based on the Taccom upper.

I have a JP GMR-13 which is in the same price range of the Nordic. But it sits in my safe because I much prefer the light weight and fast handling Taccom rigs I own.

Nordic make good stuff and this PCC rig is no exception. Enjoy them and shoot straight straight....and fast!

On 11/9/2017 at 12:37 PM, BigBamBoo said:

Cost would be one thing. And for me, the weight of the rig. We have a gent here at our local club that has one. But then he handled one of my Taccom rigs and put a rig together based on the Taccom upper.

I have a JP GMR-13 which is in the same price range of the Nordic. But it sits in my safe because I much prefer the light weight and fast handling Taccom rigs I own.

Nordic make good stuff and this PCC rig is no exception. Enjoy them and shoot straight straight....and fast!

7 pounds, 5 ounces with sight - not too heavy at all.

10 hours ago, wheelie said:

7 pounds, 5 ounces with sight - not too heavy at all.

Not saying it is "too heavy", but when compared to my Taccom rig that weighs less then 5 1/2 lbs, I much prefer the faster handling of my Taccom rigs (I have two).

Again, the Nodic is a VERY nice rig for sure.

Shot with a buddy today in a USPSA match and his ran flawlessly. As did the JP GMR-15 and my Taccom based rig.

Did not hear his “singing” and I was RO’ing a couple of stages so I was right next to it.

Have not seen the bolt, so can not comment if it has FA serrations on it. Not sure I would want to force a round into battery on a blow back Gun.

They are really nice rigs. I would bet you would be every happy with it. 

26 minutes ago, BigBamBoo said:

Have not seen the bolt, so can not comment if it has FA serrations on it. Not sure I would want to force a round into battery on a blow back Gun.

I'm with you on that, homey.

I was somewhat perplexed when I saw it... kind of like... for $1.5K+, surely they would have used an appropriate upper. No gas shield either!

I know Nordic makes quality stuff, just more oriented towards the gamer set... and I'm not sure how that removable mag well would hold up to hard use.

I didn't know anyone had any faith or patience left for the S&W M&P either, and I have no idea what a "2011" is.

It seems like an absolute-no-brainer that the formula for market domination would be a Glock and Colt SMG magwell with BHOs to start, then regular MP5, then Uzi... and hell, probably Suomi or Sten before extending support to duds and oddballs. 

I'm thinking of putting together a Nordic Glock lower, Colt FCG w/ SS pins, H3/std spring/spacer under a Colt 9mm upper with a Faxon Gen2 9mm bolt and 8.3" Lightweight Ballistic Advantage/ 7" MCMR rail.  If not, New Frontier...

6 hours ago, KalashniKEV said:

I'm considering the Nordic, and I have a few questions:

1) In every review video I've watched, the gun "sings" when the bolt is dropped or locked- what's doing that? 

2) Does the forward assist function with that carrier?

3) Any issues?

1. Only used it so far on Steel Challenge so the only singing I've heard is from the steel plates.  Doing a USPSA match tomorrow and I'll pay attention and repost what I hear.

2. Forward assist has no function. No FA serrations on the bolt. 

3. No issues.  Heavy trigger pull (6+ lbs) so I changed mine for a Hiperfire 24-3G that has a 2.12 lbs trigger pull.  Also added a Holosun 510C sight. It is a great rifle. Less than 1,000 rounds with no issues.

After today's match, several shooters asked to shoot it.  Using their own custom pistol loads they had no issues and liked how balanced and light the Nordic felt. Bought mine with the M&P magwell.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ramnj
13 hours ago, ramnj said:

1. Only used it so far on Steel Challenge so the only singing I've heard is from the steel plates.  Doing a USPSA match tomorrow and I'll pay attention and repost what I hear.

No ringing or singing at USPSA. Solid performance!

Edited by ramnj
39 minutes ago, ramnj said:

No ringing or singing at USPSA. Solid performance!

Awesome! Thanks for the update.

I think I know what the right way to go is... just somewhat torn between this and a New Frontier lower with a tolerable cartoon scratched in the side... or whatever junk PSA is going to be blowing out at crackhead prices on Black Friday.

33 minutes ago, Garmil said:

this looks good but i dont know about $1600.  even with the $400 lower receiver, $1200 for the remaining parts seems pretty steep for what looks fairly basic.

Exactly- it seems like they put a lot of thought into engineering the lower, and then used whatever upper they had laying around with a 9mm barrel.

9 minutes ago, KalashniKEV said:

Awesome! Thanks for the update.

I think I know what the right way to go is... just somewhat torn between this and a New Frontier lower with a tolerable cartoon scratched in the side... or whatever junk PSA is going to be blowing out at crackhead prices on Black Friday.

PSA lowers are built by NFA I believe

1 minute ago, noexcuses said:

PSA lowers are built by NFA I believe

I think one "version" of them *might* be.

That's the scam they've been running for years- wandering spec sheet mixing a high-or-low percentage of junk parts into the weapon and putting the "Shhhh... FN Barrels!" out front.

This is like, "Shhh... NFA lowers!" on either the ones with the holes, or not holes, or LRBHO, or not... I wasn't kidding that there are 14 offerings for "AR-9 Lower" on their site.

PSA is like a box of chocolates...

Nordic makes good quality stuff, but the interchangeable magwell is primarily for their benefit.  They get to mass produce one lower that is compatible with multiple calibers or manufacturers of mags, and that part makes sense for them.  But, at $150 each, I don't see many consumers springing for several magwells for their rifle.  

The weight of the rifle is relative, some people like light rifles, while others prefer heavier.   

I would really prefer to get a decent trigger at that price point and feel that it is a cop-out to say that they know you will be replacing it anyway.  With what they ship in the gun, yes, you will be changing it.  If the trigger were decent, you might not have to change it.  I still have my factory installed JP trigger in my gun and could shoot it like this indefinitely,  without feeling that I am "doing without".