Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP GMR 15

Shot 125 rds through mine yesterday. It ran flawlessly. I agree with the safety being stiff. I am a Master in open but have not had much experience with rifles. It's a lot of fun, but I can see it will take some practice. Mostly with maneuvering the gun safely.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, sandrooney said:

Shot 125 rds through mine yesterday. It ran flawlessly. I agree with the safety being stiff. I am a Master in open but have not had much experience with rifles. It's a lot of fun, but I can see it will take some practice. Mostly with maneuvering the gun safely.

Yeah, it definitely takes a bit to get used to. Depending on your local stage designers, you may have some unique challenges. We always have a few stages set up around "lets make this part really hard for PCC" like weak side leans around close barriers, close ports with narrow shooting boxes, and shots that are impossible to make strong shouldered. It is a blast though :) 

Several months ago I bought a 15 and love it. It's like the little energizer bunny: keeps going and going and going. All stock except for buffer. Last week I followed Eric's advice and went with 1 tungsten, 3 steel & the black spring from the 5 pack. All the difference in the world. 

Overall very happy with it. 

JP sells 2 springs packs, one includes 5 springs from 80% to 100% in 5% increments.   The 3 spring pack has 100%, 105% & 110%

Stock is 110% for a GMR with SCS.

Edited by L9X25

2 hours ago, Part_time_redneck said:

Last week I followed Eric's advice and went with 1 tungsten, 3 steel & the black spring from the 5 pack. All the difference in the world. 

That is a pretty aggressive setting, super light buffer with an 85% spring is near the edge.  That is likely optimized for ~130pf loads along with a Smalley or similar system to soften the bump.  I was running 4 Tungsten with the 90% spring, although that was with factory WWB 115. Dropping to the 85% spring resulted in a noticeable bump at the end of the buffer travel.  YMMV 

58 minutes ago, L9X25 said:

That is a pretty aggressive setting, super light buffer with an 85% spring is near the edge.  That is likely optimized for ~130pf loads along with a Smalley or similar system to soften the bump.  I was running 4 Tungsten with the 90% spring, although that was with factory WWB 115. Dropping to the 85% spring resulted in a noticeable bump at the end of the buffer travel.  YMMV 

Your correct. Sorry but I didn't specify. Just running the carbine in steel challenge now. Very light loads @ -120 PF. I'm sure I will have to change when I shoot USPSA with it and up the PF. 

I generally try try to be a little more comprehensive in my post but when I wrote that the coffee hadn't kicked in yet. 

Hello: I am running the 1 tungsten, 3 steel weights with either a black or green spring and 131-138PF loads. No Smalley spring since I don't like the feel of it. I have shot over 5000 rounds with this setup using 115-147grain bullets and Tite Group mostly. It will run 100PF loads as well since I tried some old 115 grain reloads I had for my sons when they were 7-8 years old. If you are running factory loads I would try 2 tungsten and 2 steel weights with the black spring. The springs are all within 5 lbs of each other and are about 1 pound apart from each other. A stock 223 spring is about 13 pounds. Thanks, Eric

1 hour ago, Part_time_redneck said:

Your correct. Sorry but I didn't specify. Just running the carbine in steel challenge now. Very light loads @ -120 PF. I'm sure I will have to change when I shoot USPSA with it and up the PF. 

I just wanted to make sure that you did not run any high-powered loads through that without testing.  

We all know that Eric runs with scissors, plays in traffic and shoots guns for fun ... not exactly the kind of guy we want around our children!  ;-)

1 hour ago, L9X25 said:

I just wanted to make sure that you did not run any high-powered loads through that without testing.  

We all know that Eric runs with scissors, plays in traffic and shoots guns for fun ... not exactly the kind of guy we want around our children!  ;-)

Hello: Yes I do and I like it! Thanks, Eric

17 hours ago, L9X25 said:

Eric's not that bad. Speaking of children, years ago I learned to walk behind a push mower.  

• 1 year later...

I have a GMR 15 lower that I got to build out but can’t seem to find any parts online. Tons of complete guns but no JP build kits, complete uppers or barrels. I was thinking of making a pistol w a 10.5” barrel but hadn’t considered how hard it would be to find stuff. Any recommendations? 

Buy the JP direct from them for $1600 why pay more then you have to through a middle man, also someone said the 15 had a billet upper that’s not the case unless you buy the top of the line with the side charge. They are great guns mine has been flawless!

22 hours ago, cssjcombs said:

I have a GMR 15 lower that I got to build out but can’t seem to find any parts online. Tons of complete guns but no JP build kits, complete uppers or barrels. I was thinking of making a pistol w a 10.5” barrel but hadn’t considered how hard it would be to find stuff. Any recommendations? 

JP sells complete uppers, you just have to run their builder:

https://www.jprifles.com/rosmain.php?assembly_id=67

Barrels and everything else are on other sections for their site.

I'm a huge fan of mine. We had an issue where the FM9 didn't want to run the 150gr Federal Syntech this weekend for my GF and I forgot to pack normal stuff so we shared the short stroked GMR15 all day. Guess what I've put in my shopping cart a couple times today.

Edited by ABQautoxer

I shot the JP SW Regional match recently.

The biggest issue faced by the shooters was reliability.  A non-statistical assessment by me was the JPs ran consistently without reliability issues.  It seem like someone had an issue on a stage or two with other equipment.  Just an observation not a fact.

On 3/3/2019 at 10:25 PM, cssjcombs said:

Strong side tactical is JP master dealer and great to do business with !

On 3/3/2019 at 10:25 PM, cssjcombs said:

JP has had a 10.5" complete upper for sale for a while now under the "available now" section of their website.

Give me some time to do some testing and I might have a factory built gmr-15 upper to part with.