Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Racker Side

RileyLV

Yep. Brazos zigracker comes with 2 balls in the racker so you just mill the dovetail and dimples in the slide. All 3 of my open guns have this racker. I like it. All are on the weak side (left for me). 

Edited by BeerBaron

Mine are also on weak side. I bent them up about 30' to clear my thumb. When I put the pt safeties on, it raised my thumb enough to hit the racker. Only needed to hit it once to make the change.  

Edited by echotango

Sarge, a more correct way of saying that would be "most" rackers don't come that way.

Just buy a Zig racker and be done with it. It comes with the milling directions in the package. Cut the dovetail, then put two detents in the slide for the balls already inside the racker and voila, fin.

1 minute ago, Gooldylocks said:

Sarge, a more correct way of saying that would be "most" rackers don't come that way.

Just buy a Zig racker and be done with it. It comes with the milling directions in the package. Cut the dovetail, then put two detents in the slide for the balls already inside the racker and voila, fin.

+1

• 2 months later...

Some I know who are right handed have the racker on the right side because they have a vertical scope mount and they don't have the clearance to have it on the left side. To me, anything other than the left side for a righty would be awkward.

I’m right handed and I run it in both ways over several open guns. I can’t really decide what I like more either. I run a thumbrest so the table start pro isn’t really a huge deal. Nowadays my racker only gets used during make ready and show clear and holster. But I really don’t notice a speed difference In clearing malfunctions , it’s more of a training issue I feel