Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Perfect MOA DOT 3 or 6

Hello: What are you using it for? USPSA pistol match a 6 MOA works very well. For a carbine match a 3 MOA may work better. I am using a 4 MOA for indoors and a 6 MOA for outdoors. I turn the dot down for long targets out to 80 yards or so. This is on a C-More railway setup. I had a 6 MOA Vortex Viper on a carry optics pistol and it worked great. I would get the 6 MOA if it was me. Thanks, Eric

Following this for informational purposes...  As an FYI, I'd warn that my suspicion is that different manufacturers have different ideas as to what "X MOA" actually looks like.  In other words, if somebody says that their 6moa C-More is perfect, that may not necessarily mean that a 6moa Vortex will be the same size.  I'd do my best to find and look through the specific dot you want to purchase before doing so.

1 hour ago, jkrispies said:

Following this for informational purposes...  As an FYI, I'd warn that my suspicion is that different manufacturers have different ideas as to what "X MOA" actually looks like.  In other words, if somebody says that their 6moa C-More is perfect, that may not necessarily mean that a 6moa Vortex will be the same size.  I'd do my best to find and look through the specific dot you want to purchase before doing so.

That can also apply to dots by the same manufacturer.  On several PCCs I have C-more Railways.  One is a 6 MOA and the other is an 8 MOA.  If you can tell the difference in size between the two, your eyes are much better than mine.

Like Aircooled6racer, I use the 6 or 8 MOA for outside here in the Texas sun.  For indoor matches I prefer a  4 MOA dot turned down a bit.