Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals Location

And no one cares about Hawaii. That's as non-centrally located as you can get!

I care, and we're centrally located in the pacific :P

and give us a break, we finally elected a republican gov. it's going to take us a whlie to get the rest of the rift raft out of office.

btw I voted to vegas, with Rio a close second.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line is, "who" will submit a proposal to host the Nationals. Maybe you guys gotta start trying to convince your favorite range to submit a proposal :o

I haven't been to a lot of the areas listed so, anyplace will be fine with me :)

Aloha,

barry B)

Looks like the most requested locations are:

Vegas 36%

Frostproof 32.4%

Barry 31.6%

With a total of 114 votes the wiiner is too close to call. Seriously, given that no other venues come close and Frostproof has not offered. It looks like we have two real choices, Vegas and Barry. For shooting and central location, Barry, for "extra-ciricular activity", Vegas.

Knowing how some people are affected by "extra-ciricular activity", Barry is probably way cheaper even if getting there is more expensive.

Not really wanting to fly, I reinforce my vote for Barry. I don't have to ship ammo, I don't have to check my guns. It all goes in the back of the car or if four of us go together, into the trailer and off we go. leave home early in the morning, arrive Barry early evening

A 1100 mile readius of PASA Park includes all of the eastern staes except the tip of Florida and Maine. It includes almost all of New Mexico and up through more than half of Montana. This is driving distances! No other location offfers this accessability. 1100 miles of Vegas barely hits the Mississippi River! Frostproof is WORSE as far as shooters with in driving distances. You barely hit New York and you can forget the West!

Barry is not a vacation destination. Quincey is not a vacation destination. PASA Park IS A SHOOTING Destination. And Shooting is why we are going. Or is it?

Would I like to see us move around? A bit, but I'd like to keep us centrally located so that the majority of people can get there on the ground. THis is especially important if we are looking a a three-gun.

Jim Norman

Looks like the most requested locations are:

Vegas 36%

Frostproof 32.4%

Barry 31.6%

With a total of 114 votes the wiiner is too close to call. Seriously, given that no other venues come close and Frostproof has not offered. It looks like we have two real choices, Vegas and Barry. For shooting and central location, Barry, for "extra-ciricular activity", Vegas.

Knowing how some people are affected by "extra-ciricular activity", Barry is probably way cheaper even if getting there is more expensive.

Not really wanting to fly, I reinforce my vote for Barry. I don't have to ship ammo, I don't have to check my guns. It all goes in the back of the car or if four of us go together, into the trailer and off we go. leave home early in the morning, arrive Barry early evening

A 1100 mile readius of PASA Park includes all of the eastern staes except the tip of Florida and Maine. It includes almost all of New Mexico and up through more than half of Montana. This is driving distances!  No other location offfers this accessability. 1100 miles of Vegas barely hits the Mississippi River! Frostproof is WORSE as far as shooters with in driving distances. You barely hit New York and you can forget the West!

Barry is not a vacation destination. Quincey is not a vacation destination. PASA Park IS A SHOOTING Destination. And Shooting is why we are going. Or is it?

Would I like to see us move around? A bit, but I'd like to keep us centrally located so that the majority of people can get there on the ground. THis is especially important if we are looking a a three-gun.

Jim Norman

I could not agree more. This was my first time a nationals this year, so I don't have a ton of experience flying around the country going to different venues. But logically speaking PASA Park makes way too much sense. Quincy was big enough to have the ability to go to a mall, movie, several restaurants etc. I would think going to a place like Vegas would be too distracting to some. Of course since I'm not a gambler that may give me an edge over the competition..... :D

As someone said earlier, the people of Quincy seem to really enjoy our company for the week we are all down there.

I hope to go next year.

Here is a message I am posting from Tom Fee, President and CEO of United States Shooting Academy that should answer many questions in this thread.

I might add to check the site at www.usshootingacademy.com.

---------------------------------

Greetings.

After a many, many inquires, I thought that I would “chime in” and let everyone know what is going on in Tulsa. We are proceeding with the planning and building of The United States Shooting Academy, which will be the premiere competition and one of the finest Law Enforcement and Tactical training centers in The United States. Let’s focus first on the competition side.

With over 33 bays dedicated to competition, USSA will be the finest competition facility in the Nation. For too long now competitors in the shooting sports have not been perceived on the same level as say Golf, Tennis, etc. I am going to change that. By showcasing the shooting sports in the same way that other professional sports do, we will elevate them to a more nationally acceptable level. We also need to treat our shooters as athletes and not just sportsmen. What is the difference between a Doug Koenig and Tiger Woods? Or Rob Leatham and Vijay Singh? Nothing! All four train at their sport. All four are involved in equipment development for their respective industries. All four are professional athletes and should be treated as such. Our athletes also need to be paid just as all professional athletes are paid. By involving non industry companies as well as our industry vendors, we can change the focus and public perception from hobby to sport. Competitions held at USSA will focus on this issue. There has always been the tradition of the prize table which will be honored, but by adding prize money in all divisions as well as in all of the classes, we will reward shooters at all levels as well as hoping to encourage new people to participate.

I also believe that shooters should not love one shooting sport and hate others. Even though I have not been around this industry for very long, this is something that I have noticed. By encouraging the different shooting sports to work together, we can lead by example to people that would like to get involved which raises awareness, which raises company participation, which raises prize money. Get the idea yet? I encourage all of my shooters to shoot IPSC, Action Pistol, Steel Challenge, Three Gun, IDPA, The Masters, ICORE, GSSF and rifle competitions as well as any other venue that they want. They tell me that it’s the musician, not the instrument. If well all can take that to heart, we can all be better athletes.

There are still too many matches that take too long to shoot. By building a facility that can handle 600, 700, 800 shooters in a reasonable time, we cut down the time away from families, work, other interests. We also cut down hotel expenses, car rentals, dining out, etc. This keeps more money in people’s pockets. Another benefit. With a location in the center of The United States, we make it easy for all people to get to us. Since we have a major airport located with 12 minutes of the Academy, we get rid of expensive commuter flights. Tulsa has everything to offer for our athletes as well as their families.

You name it; we got it (except for an ocean). Many hotels are just minutes away and with the City of Tulsa and the Chamber of Commerce behind the project, you can rest assure that rates will be very competitive. Since Tulsa already has a thriving shooting population, there are many people that want to be involved with the support of matches, but by running competitions as a business, I think that having paid employees working the matches along side the volunteers, we can work a more precise timetable for match preparation and execution.

Since the weather in Tulsa is not very “nasty”, major matches will take place between March and November. Smaller matches will be held all twelve months. Since 2006 will be a short year, I am planning only 4 majors. I qualify a major as having at least 400 competitors. 2007 will be the first full year and the plan is for 9 majors as well as the state and local level matches. In 2008, I will make my bid for the World Shoot to be held at USSA. It needs to come to The United States. I also believe that The Handgun Nationals, The Three Gun Nationals, The Bianchi Cup and others should try to make Tulsa their permanent homes.

The Law Enforcement side is another matter. I believe that we should have the highest respect for the men and women who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us night and day. By the same token, we should make sure that they are up to date with the finest training that is available. I want to make sure that it is available to them. USSA will offer live fire scenarios including shoot houses, urban street settings, interactive combative training, hostage rescue, carbine and submachine classes, Simunitions training, and sniper training as well as classroom critique and video summations. There will be an armory on site so students will be able to check their weapons and know that they are secure. There will also be guest houses available should squads or individuals wish to stay at very inexpensive rates. When those are completed, we should be able to house up to 100 people on site.

I hope that I have been able to answer a few of the questions that people have been asking. Even though the website is under construction, it already has a great deal of information on it including a copy of the site plan. Since our webmaster is in house, the site can change daily. Please check back often. Curriculums should be posted by the end of October 2005 with match schedules released in November so that students and athletes can plan their schedules for the upcoming year. As you all imagine, this projects is taking a great deal of time, so it is sometimes hard for me to answer email on the same day. If you would like to send me your thoughts, please do so and I will respond as soon as I am able to. I appreciate your time and dedication to the shooting sports and I sincerely hope that by working together, we can raise the level of awareness and the participation in the shooting sports.

Best wishes to all of you athletes,

Tom Fee

President / CEO

United States Shooting Academy

You Go Tom!!!!! I belive this will be "THE" place to have the Nationals and the worlds when it is finished. I have talked with Tom about their range several times and enjoy seeing the fire in his eyes when he speaks of this production my vote is TULSA!!

Robert Porter

match Director

Double Tap Ranch

I like Tulsa so I am eagerly awaiting USSA to start up. I have shot several matches at the clubs in Tulsa in the past and they know how to design fun yet challenging stages. Plus they love to feed you right!

at Camp Perry they shoot into Lake Erie

You are 110% correct! Actually when I was growing up in the Cleveland burbs we spent a ton of time on Lake Erie, and I always wondered why there was a restricted area on the Lake Erie navigational charts that was defined as an 'impact zone'. :huh:

I guess now I know! :lol::lol: