Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Until TechwearUSA comes out with their aluminum magwell.......you can either spend $72 for an ugly as hell mag well, or $29.95 for an ugly as hell magwell that is NOT going to break and allow you to hit that mag change every time. 

Personally, the GMR's deserve a better looking magwell.....and when one finally hits the market, it is not going to be cheap.......you have 3 choices.....wait, ugly and cheap, or ugly and 2x the price.

12 hours ago, TRUBL said:

Until TechwearUSA comes out with their aluminum magwell.......you can either spend $72 for an ugly as hell mag well, or $29.95 for an ugly as hell magwell that is NOT going to break and allow you to hit that mag change every time. 

Personally, the GMR's deserve a better looking magwell.....and when one finally hits the market, it is not going to be cheap.......you have 3 choices.....wait, ugly and cheap, or ugly and 2x the price.

Well said.  I bought cheap and ugly.  I'll paint it to help ?    Next is a magazine release 

2 hours ago, HerdThinner said:

Well said.  I bought cheap and ugly.  I'll paint it to help ?    Next is a magazine release 

thicker paint even helps more......latex paint applied with a brush maybe?  hahaha

• 1 year later...

Shooters Connection is now selling a AWT alluminum magwell for the GMR-15 in silver and black that fits the magwell like a glove and has one lock screw on it also....Mine just came in and it is beautiful and fits perfect....$99.00 but worth it based on the quality...Buy once and cry once....

Black or Silver

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/AWT-PCC-GMR-15-Magwells-P5092.aspx

Mark

I bought 2 AWT for 2 different JPs and neither of them fit at all, and both literally went into the garbage. So I cried once and bought 4 times because the opening on Techwell is too small, the AWTs were garbage, the Taccoms are a little flimsy, finish isn’t great and they don’t even sell them anymore, and the titanrocket black magwells were really poorly finished with splinters everywhere and I had to file them myself with micro files to get them anywhere near acceptable. Haven’t even tried the titan rockets on for fit yet. So In other words, I’m still 0 for 4 but currently using the Taccom because it’s the least bad. 

58 minutes ago, Silverscooby27 said:

I bought 2 AWT for 2 different JPs and neither of them fit at all, and both literally went into the garbage. So I cried once and bought 4 times because the opening on Techwell is too small, the AWTs were garbage, the Taccoms are a little flimsy, finish isn’t great and they don’t even sell them anymore, and the titanrocket black magwells were really poorly finished with splinters everywhere and I had to file them myself with micro files to get them anywhere near acceptable. Haven’t even tried the titan rockets on for fit yet. So In other words, I’m still 0 for 4 but currently using the Taccom because it’s the least bad. 

Silver. - Man I am sorry to hear this. My GMR-15 is only 3 weeks old and I just got the AWT unit in last week. I guess I got lucky and was able to get one that fit.....

I am not affiliated with AWT in any way and was not trying to mislead anyone....Thanks for your post as I was not aware of these issues with the AWR part.....Mark 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2018 at 5:26 AM, Sigarmsp226 said:

Shooters Connection is now selling a AWT alluminum magwell for the GMR-15 in silver and black that fits the magwell like a glove and has one lock screw on it also....Mine just came in and it is beautiful and fits perfect....$99.00 but worth it based on the quality...Buy once and cry once....

Black or Silver

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/AWT-PCC-GMR-15-Magwells-P5092.aspx

Mark

Mark - was is it a difficult install?

ZZW - No Sir. Took less than 2 minutes. I did take a drop of gun oil and put on a small cloth rag and lightly wiped down the area that the two parts were going to mating so that it did not hang up requiring me to have to “tap” it on. It slid on with force from my palm and then I put one drop of blue loctite on the set screw before securing....I will get a few pictures this weekend and post here.....Mark

Yes......and only for the GMR15. We announced it on our FB page. As a rule, when you hear a company say "We've been getting lots of calls......." that a bunch of bo-hunck!! Not in this case.....once we stopped making the 3D printed funnels, THE one funnel that we kept getting calls about was the one for the GMR 15. I honestly believed that the GMR15 deserves a better looking funnel, much better looking than the 3D printed abortion we made.......sorry, calling a spade a spade. I've always said......our funnels are not the prettiest girl at the dance, but she is the most popular. And to that end.....yup, I get it. While not pretty.......it fits like a glove, is flexible, will not break, aligns perfect with the factory hole and will not break......PERIOD. Heck.....$24??? You know what you are getting up front. I'll put a stick in the ground.......while ours is not pretty.......the ones that are out there? I guess thats why we got so many calls and emails......so it's back.......if you buy one, know that it is going to probably work better than anything else out there. If you don't.....well you can spend more and there are a few options out there for sure.

https://taccom3g.com/product/taccom-gmr-15-funnel/

The AWT one even in the pictures above doesn’t fit right. You can see the step off. That’s BS for a $100 piece of aluminum. The thing moves around too...that set screw is not enough to hold it in place...and the set screw strips easily and then you’ll have to drill it out or scratch the $hit out of your lower. That’s BS for a $100 piece of aluminum.

4 hours ago, TRUBL said:

Yes......and only for the GMR15. We announced it on our FB page. As a rule, when you hear a company say "We've been getting lots of calls......." that a bunch of bo-hunck!! Not in this case.....once we stopped making the 3D printed funnels, THE one funnel that we kept getting calls about was the one for the GMR 15. I honestly believed that the GMR15 deserves a better looking funnel, much better looking than the 3D printed abortion we made.......sorry, calling a spade a spade. I've always said......our funnels are not the prettiest girl at the dance, but she is the most popular. And to that end.....yup, I get it. While not pretty.......it fits like a glove, is flexible, will not break, aligns perfect with the factory hole and will not break......PERIOD. Heck.....$24??? You know what you are getting up front. I'll put a stick in the ground.......while ours is not pretty.......the ones that are out there? I guess thats why we got so many calls and emails......so it's back.......if you buy one, know that it is going to probably work better than anything else out there. If you don't.....well you can spend more and there are a few options out there for sure.

https://taccom3g.com/product/taccom-gmr-15-funnel/

... and the old one works just fine on my GMR-13.?