Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Atlas Open 2011

grantwoodok

2 minutes ago, bluedevil008 said:

Is that 1.175 with PD's?   I just bought 124 jhp PD's that will sit over HS-6.  I was a little worried that bigbob said he had jams, but that's the first time I've heard anyone saying they couldn't run a specific jhp.

Just load some empty/primer-less rounds at different lengths and see which ones feed consistently...

for me I plunked rounds ranging from like 1.14-1.18

and then made like 10 more of the ones that fit and tried in 1 mag.
Maybe my mags are tuned a bit off... or my barrel ramp is at a different angle than everyone else's... but PD's did not work for me at any length. (AND I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT, considering PD's are priced very nicely and have discount codes pretty often)

I repeated same steps with montanas and everglades...
and then once I found my gun liked the 1.15 length... I loaded 30, ran them through every mag I had to make sure they all fed right....

I kept the good sized rounds for dryfire and pulled the rest.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that 1.175 with PD's?   I just bought 124 jhp PD's that will sit over HS-6.  I was a little worried that bigbob said he had jams, but that's the first time I've heard anyone saying they couldn't run a specific jhp.

MG and RMR 124 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Finally got to take the Chaos out to a match. Some of the usual heat were missing cause the regularly scheduled match got rained out and moved to Sunday, but managed my first HOA in uspsa.

Gun ran great except for the hiccup on stage one. Failed to feed because I tried to stuff too many in the mag. User error.

1 hour ago, jliew08 said:

Finally got to take the Chaos out to a match. Some of the usual heat were missing cause the regularly scheduled match got rained out and moved to Sunday, but managed my first HOA in uspsa.

Gun ran great except for the hiccup on stage one. Failed to feed because I tried to stuff too many in the mag. User error.

Dang........ good shooting. Nice video too! 

5 hours ago, SeattleDude said:
Good shooting! Looks like gun shoots super flat! What is your PF? Dot tracks straight up and down? 

Here’s some of the testing I’ve done so far. Dot tracks best with HS-6 at 174pf. Currently using Rocky Mountain Reloading 124 JHP. I will try Precision Delta or Montana Gold next.

Edited by jliew08

4 minutes ago, SeattleDude said:

Awesome. I'm going to work up load with 124gr PD JHP and Silhouette 

Also thank you!  The silhouette is super gassy, you can watch it blow my hair back, haha.  I loaded some up at 7.5 before I got the gun so I'd have something to shoot when I got it.  It works well but I think its temp sensitive and with the crazy TN weather I don't think I want to fool with it.  Dot looks good with it though.

12 minutes ago, tcazes said:

Please please PLEASE post you precision data. I need some autocomp data lol

I can do that but I have no experience with Autocomp.  I have some CFE pistol I may try and I hear its similar.

4 hours ago, tcazes said:

Yea I was gonna start with 7.2 autocomp. I can't find any data for autocomp and a chaos or autocomp and something with popple holes. 

If that's in 9mm I'd start lower. I run 7.4gn autocomp in 38 supercomp and that makes 172pf with 124gn RN CMJ at 1.240 OAL.

At shorter OAL and case volume in a 9mm I'd start at maybe 6.5gn?

21 hours ago, tcazes said:

Hmmmm yea it's for 9mm

I used PD hollowpoint for my major 9mm, schuemann AET 24 twist with  popper holes with max michell comps using autocomp 1.165 OAL with 6.8 grn CCI 500 primers, PF 172-174.

So here's the thing. I've got 6 guys at my local club that are shooting Chaos'. Some are loading short at 1.155, some are loading long at 1.175 and some in the middle. My gun ran great with 8.4 gr of HS6 at 1.175 with a MG 124. But that's also by opinion...