Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What podcasts do you listen to?

eern

•Shooting After Dark (Practical Pistol)

•Firearms Nation

•Shoot Fast Podcast

•Short Course

•That Shooting Show (when I can stand it)

•3-Gun Show

•Triangle Tactical

•The SquadRoom

Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History is good too. Great story teller.  

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since we've moved off podcasts pertaining solely to gun related topics, I have a couple suggestions for the scientific minded folks.  Robert Sapolsky is a professor that has some podcasts.  Two of his YouTube videos I saw were fantastic, but I don't know if the topics are also found in his podcasts.  The YouTube video's titles were "Are humans Just Another Primate?" and "Why Zebras Don't Get Stomach Ulcers."

The Jocko Podcast is my favorite at this moment.  I listen to Pat McNamara's podcast when it comes out.  Seems to be only a few a year.

Of the practical shooting stuff, I listen to Ben, Shoot Fast, occasionally the paracast, and the new one by @B_RAD , the Another Sport Shooting Podcast.   Will listen to Firearms Nation or Seeklander if they have a topic/guest of interest.  I have tired of listening to the others.

2 hours ago, tha1000 said:

The Jocko Podcast is my favorite at this moment.  I listen to Pat McNamara's podcast when it comes out.  Seems to be only a few a year.

Of the practical shooting stuff, I listen to Ben, Shoot Fast, occasionally the paracast, and the new one by @B_RAD , the Another Sport Shooting Podcast.   Will listen to Firearms Nation or Seeklander if they have a topic/guest of interest.  I have tired of listening to the others.

Dropping my name is not gonna help persuade anyone to listen. 

47 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

You are a podcast legend in the making... I'll tell my kids about how I knew you way back before you were famous.

3 hours ago, B_RAD said:

I just downloaded your podcast but haven't listened yet.  I did notice with your logo that since it is already a podcast having podcast in the name is redundant.  Therefore the acronym for your podcast is A.S.S. Podcast.  Something subtle that you intended?

56 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

I just downloaded your podcast but haven't listened yet.  I did notice with your logo that since it is already a podcast having podcast in the name is redundant.  Therefore the acronym for your podcast is A.S.S. Podcast.  Something subtle that you intended?

Hope you enjoy it! Please realize we're new to the whole process and still figuring things out. We just want to discuss topics/issues, and answer some questions. There are already a few great podcast out there that have several great knowledgeable/successful shooters. We're not trying to be better and in most cases I feel those other podcast are better for technical/instructional info. However, we're newer to the sport and are coming at things from that standpoint. Maybe that will be interesting to folks. 

As for the name, I came up with it. I jokingly named it another shooting podcast because there are already several out there that are very good. So, I was trying to be funny with that. I thought to make the name more specific to practical shooting sports, we should add something to the title. Though, I did realize that a word starting with S would allow for the acronym.  

I'm not a fan of the logo but it's not all about me. We've also have a poll going on renaming the show. You can find us on FB/IG @asspodcast

Edited by B_RAD

• 4 months later...

These are the most brave and legit:

iTunes and Android:

Radio Derb

The Z Blog Power Hour

Directly:

TheRightStuff.biz ~ look for any of the FTN episodes.

Dailystormer.name

Anything by American Renaissance and Nick Fluentes while they're still on YouTube. 

I actually find that the shorter YouTube segments that are more specific are better for shooting topics, otherwise it's usually some guy jawing for an hour to input a minute of knowledge. Used to follow a bunch but come'on, they're mostly dudes just socializing because they never did any prep or wrote an outline. Versus video where the better ones get right to the point. 

No offense to Joe Rogan or Jordan Peterson listeners but I don't know how you can stand their falsettos. They're downright embarrassing. 

Edited by Frankly

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...