Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals Squadding

TriggerT

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least I made it on the L10 super squad! :D

Damn it!!!!! I can't BELIEVE I forgot to send in my Limited slot. Sorry, I'm still fuming about that. :angry:

I'll shut up now.

Loser out...

Out of curiosity, how does the national org. determine which shooters belong on the Super Squad? Is there a system in place or is it just a gut feeling/random call from someone. Please understand, I'm not being critical because I don't know anything about it and I'm sure it's a really tough call to make. I thought it might be based on the Top 20 lists or something like that but I see that's not the case so I'm curious.

Thanks,

John

John,

Usually, it's based on the the prior year's top 16 in that Division. I'm clueless how it was done this year. Some of those names haven't finished in the top 16 in years...or ever.

Unfortunately, my Lil' Buddy Turtle won't be able to make it to the Nationals this year due to work conflicts. The good news is....THAT'S ONE MORE PERSON OUT OF THE WAY TO BETTER MY CHANCES OF SHOOTING THE MATCH! :lol::lol:

He'll definitely be missed this year.

Skipper

Thanks much George! It seems I'm, um, already squadded  :D  :o  :rolleyes:  :lol:

oh no! sg on the super squad. i pity david. oh my!

lynn

I pity him too, cause he's shooting with YOU! No matter how much I begged, whined, cried and cajoled - he wouldn't ask to be squadded with me! Said he could handle being beat by one grrl, but a whole squad of them beating him would crush him :P

Out of curiosity, how does the national org. determine which shooters belong on the Super Squad? 

Somewhere here on the forums (or maybe on the Nationals website) they explain that they are putting the GM's together, and then the M's together.

It would appear from the Opn/L10 lists that there was not a huge return of last years Top 16 in both divisions!

Somewhere here on the forums (or maybe on the Nationals website) they explain that they are putting the GM's together, and then the M's together.

The original plan was to pre-squad all Ms and GMs not in super squads, but HQ was unable to do that because of the timeframe.

Out of curiosity, how does the national org. determine which shooters belong on the Super Squad? 

It would appear from the Opn/L10 lists that there was not a huge return of last years Top 16 in both divisions!

Actually, there are several returning Open shooters who finished in the Top 16 last year, but were not squadded in the Super Squad. It seems that everyone in the Open Super Squad is a GM. Maybe that was the criteria this year.

I think Dave is signed up, just not by his name. I'm not too sure about Chris, but I know that Eric won't be there this year. He's way too focused on the World Shoot. Should be an interesting finish in Open this year! Hell, it'll be an interesting finish in almost all the Divisions this year.

I'm pulling for Rob in Limited...that is, if I don't manage to get a slot! :lol:

I'm REALLY interested in the Ladies Open race this year. I'm expecting some real Magic in Barry! ;)

Dummy out.

Out of curiosity, how does the national org. determine which shooters belong on the Super Squad?  Is there a system in place or is it just a gut feeling/random call from someone.  Please understand, I'm not being critical because I don't know anything about it and I'm sure it's a really tough call to make.  I thought it might be based on the Top 20 lists or something like that but I see that's not the case so I'm curious.

Thanks,

John

Dave Thomas put the super squads together. I don't know what criteria he used. I do know he ran the squads by me, Ray Hirst, and John Amidon. Since I have no idea who should belong where or why, I did not make any suggestions. I believe that Ray and John did, but they were minor changes/adjustments to the Super Squads. I'm sure prior finishes played some part in the decision making process; I just don't know which ones.

Troy

By my guess, the letters with PINS should start arriving within the next day or two - could someone please post a confirmation when they start arriving? 

These will be in a standard business sized window envelope.

Ours made it to Columbus, Ohio today (Monday). I already had mine from my Front Sight, but my better half is an associate member and doesn't get a FS. So...we had to wait while others were already squadding. :(

Ours made it to Columbus, Ohio today (Monday).  I already had mine from my Front Sight, but my better half is an associate member and doesn't get a FS.  So...we had to wait while others were already squadding.   :(

F**k!

We're in the same boat and because we couldn't squad ourselves together until my wife's PIN arrives (hopefully today?) and USPSA (understandably) wouldn't give us the number over the phone, now we can't get into the squad we wanted because it's full.

Sonofab*tch... :angry:

-Chet