Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson + Basepads For Glocks

HQBrass

I ordered some Dawson extended aluminum base pads for my Glock 35 the first week of May online from Shooters Connection. Chuck promptly e-mailed me and told me that they were backordered. I asked him how long till they came in and he said that Dawson told him 2 weeks so I said lets let it ride cause I’m really in no rush. I call Chuck back three weeks later and asked if there was any news. He said that he talked to them the day before and they told him 3-4 weeks. He was not happy to say the least, seemed rather steamed truth be told. I am wondering if I’m even going to see these things this summer. Chuck has be top notch with his service and taking my calls about these.

Is anyone else having trouble with Dawson Precision? They seem to have fine a fine product. I would really like to get these things they were the last piece of my Open G-35 rig because it is hard to get mags into the gun now with a magwell.

I'd call Dawson and ask them what the deal was. If they say they have them in stock, tell them to get them out to Chuck, because that is where your order is.

I like the Dawson pads a lot. A good alternative, however, would be the Arrendondo pads. (for 140mm)

Randy, let me know if you want to try out mine to see if they will fit your magwell. I have Dawson, Arrendondo, and Tayor Freelance in my gear.

I'd call Dawson and ask them what the deal was.  If they say they have them in stock, tell them to get them out to Chuck, because that is where your order is.

I like the Dawson pads a lot.  A good alternative, however, would be the Arrendondo pads. (for 140mm)

Randy, let me know if you want to try out mine to see if they will fit your magwell.  I have Dawson, Arrendondo, and Tayor Freelance in my gear.

I'll see you Saturday ;) . Bring them and I'll make sure before I spend $120.

I ordered Glock basepads from Dawson weeks...maybe months ago and have heard nothing. I finally got my Glock sights in but no word on the pads. I emailed them and got a prompt reply that they were backordered. Nothing since then. Guess I wont be getting those any time soon. What gives...shortage of aluminum or what? TXAG

Flexmoney,

What magwell do you use? Any chance for a picture? I'm trying to set my 35 up for Limited and can't make up my mind on which magwell to use. I would like to use Novak's, but at 80-120 bucks, I can't do that. So, I'm still looking around. Any magwell to avoid?

Thanks,

GlockSpeed31

I was up at Dawsons today and they're running extra shifts on the machines to get basepads out.. No idea exactly what style they were doing, but it might be worth calling them directly again.

My guess is this is still leftover from moving the entire shop earlier this year.

Hey guys I sent Dawson an email last week, in fact several before I got an answer. I have many orders for glock pads waiting to go out. SOme are women trying to buy Fathers days gifts so I pushed them for a date. I forget the actual date but it was supposed to be intime for me to get and ship and my customers recieve them by Fathers Day which is the 19th.

I sent another email yesterday. I hound them to death over this, in fact I do so with any manufacturer. No product means no sales and unhappy customers that leave with a sour taste towards me. Well no answer as of the time I write this.

Dont know what else to do. Dave assures me once he gets caught up it wont happen again. On top of his move it has been a very busy first 6 months of the year.

I've used all of the basepads but the Dawsons. The Grams seemed like the best finished. The arredondos were the best for the price. I have the original plus 4 tf ones as well and they keep on ticking... The arredondo and grams basepads are much easier to remove and replace for cleaning....

Good Luck to all trying to get their Dawson Basepads....

I got the adjustable Glock sites direct from Dawson and they arrived after a looong back-order. They didn't charge my credit card till the day it shipped.

On the phone they said they bought a 3rd CNC milling machine and were hiring people to keep up with demand for their products. For base pads, Arrendondo and Grams are every bit as good if you need to buy something right away. I have a Taylor Freelance 170 pad too and it's 100% reliable on the newest Glock mags.

get some taylor freelance pads, they work as good as dawson..and as far as cleaning the mags, i dont during a match.

come to think about the only time the mags come apart is to replace springs.

I use Arredondo +5 for my Glocks. I can get 21 in my model 35. They seem to hold up pretty well. In my new STI open gun I am using all Dawson pads. He makes a great product I just did not want to modify my Glock tubes to use his pads.

Mike

He makes a great product I just did not want to modify my Glock tubes to use his pads.

Huh? :unsure:

I have never had to modify a Glock tube.

I had enough confidence in the Dawson pads to buy one off their table at the Nationals...then use it in the match.

I know it sucks not to get stuff, but keep in mind that the gun industry is going just bonkers right now. No matter who you call, they're booked to the gills. It's even worse if you depend on outside vendors.

I have a Taylor Freelance 170 pad too and it's 100% reliable on the newest Glock mags.
eric,

i just bought a 170mm TF extension. what are you using it for? i plan to use it for open minor (very minor). sometimes i feel like playing around in open, but i usually shoot production, so i'll just use the same load (and the same gun really-my production gun is a G34, my open gun is a G34 with a docter sight). i'm curious if i'll have any problems with a fully loaded mag at such a light power factor.

So your gun would jam with the light ammo but would work fine with factory? Was the ammo too light to completely cycle the slide? Will your light ammo work in a factory non extended mag? Sounds like an ammo issue not a magazine issue....