Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

Yesterday my TSO stopped feeding my reloads. 180 Blue bullets. It was jamming with the bullets stuck before the chamber while the spent case was ejected fine.  It would jam almost every other round. The same reloads worked alright before.  The last time I cleaned it was around 800rds before. The last time I removed the extractor and cleaned it was 2-3K before.

The factory ammo I had with me was working just fine. I did not have any cleaning supplies with me so I removed the extractor at the range and just wiped it out. I still had a few jams after that but I was able to shoot around 300rds. I am not sure if this was because my gun was dirty. Again - the factory ammo works fine. Any ideas?

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, cheby said:

Yesterday my TSO stopped feeding my reloads. 180 Blue bullets. It was jamming with the bullets stuck before the chamber while the spent case was ejected fine.  It would jam almost every other round. The same reloads worked alright before.  The last time I cleaned it was around 800rds before. The last time I removed the extractor and cleaned it was 2-3K before.

The factory ammo I had with me was working just fine. I did not have any cleaning supplies with me so I removed the extractor at the range and just wiped it out. I still had a few jams after that but I was able to shoot around 300rds. I am not sure if this was because my gun was dirty. Again - the factory ammo works fine. Any ideas?

I shot 8k rounds through mine without cleaning it. I got a single round that didn't go off and I'm not sure if it was a bad primer or light strike. It's probably your reload.

3 hours ago, cheby said:

Assuming you've run those bullet profiles before. Magazine springs getting weak?  Recoil spring getting weak?  Sounds like not enough force to strip it out of the mag.

21 minutes ago, IronicTwitch said:

Assuming you've run those bullet profiles before. Magazine springs getting weak?  Recoil spring getting weak?  Sounds like not enough force to strip it out of the mag.

Yeah, I've run these bullets before. 6K rds without much problems. It just started last night. Again, it still runs with factory ammo. Most likely  it is my reloads. I just don't know what exactly is wrong

Edited by cheby

Mag springs or mag cleanliness would be suspect if ammo is OK. When did you lube the slide last? It could be sluggish and dragging on “crud” if it’s not been cleaned and lubed lately especially if your running a light recoil spring?

So I went to the range tonight and the gun jammed with everything, my various reloads and  factory ammo. Various magazines, brand new and used.  I have no idea what it's going on. It was working fine for 5K. Really puzzled...

Can someone post a picture of side by side views of the magwells of the TSO & TS? From the pics on CZs website, they appear to differ considerably. Are the triggers the same on both? We don't have these pistols available locally to see them in person. Thx...

18 hours ago, cheby said:

So I went to the range tonight and the gun jammed with everything, my various reloads and  factory ammo. Various magazines, brand new and used.  I have no idea what it's going on. It was working fine for 5K. Really puzzled...

Was this a new batch of reloads or the same ones that worked before?

20 hours ago, cheby said:

So I went to the range tonight and the gun jammed with everything, my various reloads and  factory ammo. Various magazines, brand new and used.

By 'jammed' are you meaning the fired case did not extract or the fresh cartridge did not get stripped from the magazine and loaded into the chamber, or something else?

If factory rounds that used to work fine are not longer feeding correctly, I'd pull the slide and examine the barrel for burrs or cracks.  Same with the moving parts of the slide and recoil assembly.  Look for 'shiny' spots indicating recent wear or anything that could impeded smooth travel of the slide and lock-up of the barrel.

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone post a picture of side by side views of the magwells of the TSO & TS? From the pics on CZs website, they appear to differ considerably. Are the triggers the same on both? We don't have these pistols available locally to see them in person. Thx...
The magwell for the TS and TSO are vastly different!
TS on left TSO on right

Yes the triggers are the same. Plastic with curve on bottom, over travel and pre travel screws. e40decd310fd1d62bc73786ed25a2026.jpgca0b45ac61997b1279d733416cf2b6d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, igolfat8 said:

Does anyone have an extra TS slide stop they are willing to sell or know of any (USA) LGS that have any in stock for sale? I can't find any for sale on line. Seems everyone is out of them.

Take a SP01 Shadow slide stop, trim it and you are ok

qzeczjI.jpg.941d009df671db34bfa957ca40eedc31.jpg

Trim that area untill the left safety doesn't touches the slide stop,

Manolis

3 hours ago, igolfat8 said:

Does anyone have an extra TS slide stop they are willing to sell or know of any (USA) LGS that have any in stock for sale? I can't find any for sale on line. Seems everyone is out of them.

3 hours ago, manolis said:

Take a SP01 Shadow slide stop, trim it and you are ok

qzeczjI.jpg.941d009df671db34bfa957ca40eedc31.jpg

Trim that area untill the left safety doesn't touches the slide stop,

Manolis

?

find original or install pin only. ts frame wider than spo1  shadow  frame . cut for holding spring is 1.5 mm further 

The magwell ideally still needs to be blended.
First pic is the plastic TS magwell.
Second pic is the TSO/Czechmate
Third picture is the CZ Custom IPSC legal magwell.

As you can see the CZ Custom magwell does the best job of closing the gap and bringing the two together but probably still need/want to blend together.

Thanks for posting the pictures. It appears that the actual mag guide surface area is quite similar between the two?  Do they "blend" the TS frame to the magwell any better on the TS than on the TSO?
d14758232af22317c466de30e2685349.jpga954c22b5da58e1b67d5ee0af1c7faa7.jpg83ff0e5d0b5d5bc72352740d0e61c84c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, yigal said:

?

find original or install pin only. ts frame wider than spo1  shadow  frame . cut for holding spring is 1.5 mm further 

I have modified to of them and no one have any problem .

The gun works perfect and the slide stop doesn't have any movement (500 rounds or more).

I have notice the difference in the spring cut but (maybe) the friction is is too much and holds the slide stop in position.

59 minutes ago, manolis said:

I have modified to of them and no one have any problem .

The gun works perfect and the slide stop doesn't have any movement (500 rounds or more).

I have notice the difference in the spring cut but (maybe) the friction is is too much and holds the slide stop in position.

yes u can modify them with no problem  .but  without this it's not best idea , spring will seat higher and can touch slide and  make problems..( i saw this few times)