Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

16 hours ago, NCShadow2 said:

HELP...  Finally got my new TSO 40 out to the range today.  Installed CZC +4 baseplates.  Loaded full.  All 4 failed after shooting 4-5 rounds.  The spring and follower were stuck at the bottom, and rounds were lose in the tube.  What did I do wrong or what followers etc do I need??  Waiting forever to get this gun, and want it to run perfect.  Have many other CZs with baseplates, and never had such a problem.

Would also like to have a full size steel guide rod?  Is it CGW or CZC??

Safety wouldn't engage with loaded magazine??

By 11 coil Grams Spring/Follower kit.  You need a longer spring for the extended base pads.  See link below for example.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Grams-SpringFollower-Kit-CZ-Tactical-Sport-Czechmate-P4541.aspx

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/28/2018 at 5:40 AM, Inkw8ll said:

I'm surprised to hear this much modification. I'm showing wear on the trigger guard but it engages and releases with ease. I also tend to rock the gun forward, that's just a force of habit from work.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I got a call from Alpha Dynamics Sales rep today and he said I ordered the wrong insert. For my gun I needed the CZ-TS-Checkmate insert, not the TS Orange. He said CZ made different trigger guard frames, I sent him a picture and that is why he said I ordered the wrong one. But my holster works fine now with my mods so I'll try it out for a while.

10 hours ago, bemanuel said:

By 11 coil Grams Spring/Follower kit.  You need a longer spring for the extended base pads.  See link below for example.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Grams-SpringFollower-Kit-CZ-Tactical-Sport-Czechmate-P4541.aspx

Thanks.  Got them ordered today.  Appreciate the help.

I called DAA before ordering my Alpha X and he had me send pics.  Said even the newer TSOs have different trigger guards.  Mine needed the TSO.  Also got the muzzle support which took out that slight movement.

Edited by NCShadow2

Thanks.  Got them ordered today.  Appreciate the help.

I called DAA before ordering my Alpha X and he had me send pics.  Said even the never TSOs have different trigger guards.  Mine needed the TSO.  Also got the muzzle support which took out that slight movement.
After my first match I took the muzzle support off, it kept spinning on me. I should've applied locktite but my next match I found myself not needing it so much. I will try it again next match

CZ thumbrest

I just got some factory thumbrest and the other 2 options are wider than factory and in my opinion the width that factory should've come in. The best one for my set up is the angled, but if you can tell in the photo interferes with the slide stop. Doesn't look too horrible to modify. The flatter thumbrest forces me to use my support hand too far forward. I don't feel like my support hand is making enough contact with the Lok grips at that point. There's a third thumbrest, and although it would work, it is awfully small and makes me believe it wasn't meant for the TSO. I do believe I saw it was listed for the TSO, but I could've been mistaken.

Edit: they all interfere with my natural grip. CZC oversized safety is rubbing against the base of my thumb.

Pictured (hopefully I have the order right): factory, slanted, flat, small and the slant hitting slide.13cdc6fee8eba871282140711a4beae3.jpg06ad60a62488f705bc72286f79eb3239.jpg91cdb198245a33abdd79e712c2d2320a.jpgd3979e789864288385b8e165d9a28fc3.jpg525f51821f5e41ce4bcf12654ce62a2b.jpg

I like the AR thumb rest. However, I can’t use it with my RHT holster. Once I receive my Race master holster, I’ll be installing and using the AR thumb rest.

I like the angle because it doesn’t place my support thumb too far forward. Plus it doesn’t interfere with the slide stop.

7041_D478-_D823-4_BCF-_BD2_B-157_A9_FC1_

4788_E819-_B221-45_BC-_A30_C-0_F6651776_

Side by side with the stock thumb rest.

A7_B782_A1-6725-4_E9_D-95_B9-7_ABA7_D880

I like the AR thumb rest. However, I can’t use it with my RHT holster. Once I receive my Race master holster, I’ll be installing and using the AR thumb rest.

I like the angle because it doesn’t place my support thumb too far forward. Plus it doesn’t interfere with the slide stop.

7041_D478-_D823-4_BCF-_BD2_B-157_A9_FC1_F772.jpg

4788_E819-_B221-45_BC-_A30_C-0_F6651776_B40.jpg

Side by side with the stock thumb rest.

A7_B782_A1-6725-4_E9_D-95_B9-7_ABA7_D880_C38.jpg

Does it place the thumbrest in the same location? I have large hands and needed something that goes just a smidge further back.

Looking at those photos, and judging the thumb shelf location relative to the three screw holes, it looks like none are farther forward than the stock rest.
You are correct, but the angles do play a major role. For example, the flatter thumbrest actually makes me rest my support hand further forward. And the angled seems like it would suit someone with shorter/smaller hands. The angled thumbrest with wider pad though is extremely comfortable to hold and one of the best options. My photos from last night and initial assessment was rushed a little bit, but I'm going to work on them throughout the day and see about fitting the angled thumbrest with slide. I'm not certain which I want to modify yet. The material on the slide seems to be easiest to work on and a greater chance of hiding imperfections. I also believe it is cheaper and easier to acquire if I screw up. I also planned to modify it like the Canik so I can remove it without having to use a mag to release it.

5 hours ago, Inkw8ll said:

Does it place the thumbrest in the same location? I have large hands and needed something that goes just a smidge further back.

It does if you mount it like the way I did. However, it’ll be a little bit forward if you mount it one screw hole forward so you’ll have the pad situated on the middle screw hole.

Ink,
What fitting is required?
Do you need to modify the slide?

Only 1 of the 2 additional thumbrest requires a bit of trimming in order to fit. The one pictured below. Slide works fine. The slide release contacts it not allowing the screw closest to grip.98880ba22003c44326ae080552573de1.jpg386d527f6d15c09e023eb7a4917ba38a.jpg6a377d5c124da6a45100ff0e75a45357.jpg

Ink,
The slanted rest looks like it was manufactured with relief cuts for the mounting screw and for the slide stop. I'm surprised it does not fit.

Does it need just a bit of filing?

You are correct. I would file the slide release instead though.

33 minutes ago, Inkw8ll said:

You are correct. I would file the slide release instead though.

it was designed for pin  that u have in case . not for slide stop.

Buy the czechmate slide pin. It actually comes stock with the Czech mate. That thumb rest was designed for that as yigal has posted. 

The slide pins that came with my TSO seem very tight, is this normal? Should it take considerable force to push them through?

1 hour ago, stuey93 said:

The slide pins that came with my TSO seem very tight, is this normal? Should it take considerable force to push them through?

That’s normal. It’ll loosen up a little bit after awhile.

it was designed for pin  that u have in case . not for slide stop.

Those slide pins did not work, they are very short compared to the one that came on the gun77965587e119bd2747d8a9ad5ce0f10d.jpg