Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Pro mag pouches

V2plus25

So I got the Blade-tech double mag pouch from the BSPS for my Lim Pro and hate the mag holder.  I've always used comp-tac pouches for my other platforms, but unfortunately they don't list any EAA or Tanfo pouches on their website for sale.  What other mag holders do you guys use?  I've tried stuffing the Tanfo mags in my existing Glock pouches, but Glock mags are definitely more rectangular and the Tanfo ones don't fit very well.

Or are these Tanfo mags the same outside dimensions as CZ mags which would allow me to use CZ pouches?

I bought blade tech mag pouches before. I returned them!  

I like the safariland 771. I just bought some ghost pouches but haven't used them yet. The ghost pouches will take different mags because they have a spring that's flexible. 

3 hours ago, V2plus25 said:

Or are these Tanfo mags the same outside dimensions as CZ mags which would allow me to use CZ pouches?

Nope, Large Frame mags are completely different dimensions than CZ mags. Now if you had a small frame Limpro...then yes, you can use CZ pouches

45 minutes ago, dogtired said:

The Blade tech Double pouch for the FNH 45 fits the Large frame mags.

http://shop.blade-tech.com/product_info.php?cPath=38_167&products_id=170432#.WF2ijfkrLv0

That's pretty much what I ordered from BSPS and am not particularly liking.

I'd LOVE to have the Ghost pouches, but I don't think they're IDPA legal.  Sorry, I should have specified that in my original post.  Is there any pouch for a large frame Tanfo that isn't a Blade-tech that's IDPA legal?  I'll have to take a closer look at the Safariland ones.... they might work.

Talk to @Kingman and I bet he (Red Hill Tactical) can whip up a pair of IDPA compliant individual mag pouches. His holsters are top notch and he had no problem making a lefty stock3 holster body for my BOSS hanger - not exactly something you find in the local gun shop!

No one runs a double carrier in IDPA who finishes near the top, and for good reason.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

2 hours ago, B_RAD said:

FYI. I just tried my Tanfo mag in my ghost pouches (bought for CZ) and they did fit. 

Told ya. They fit almost anything, you just need to swap the leaf springs for weaker or stronger flavors in some cases. CZ mags fall easily out of my pouches if set up for Glock/M&P/Tanfo.

19 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I believe IDPA has a clause in the rulebook that states they must be removable without unthreading your belt.

Nope. You can thread them or use something like a tek-lok. There is a maximum allowed distance from your body though.

The tek-lok version does bring it out too far, but I believe that's the older model and the newer ones are threaded. The link below are IDPA legal.

360 Ghost

On 12/23/2016 at 0:33 PM, B_RAD said:

I bought blade tech mag pouches before. I returned them!  

I like the safariland 771. I just bought some ghost pouches but haven't used them yet. The ghost pouches will take different mags because they have a spring that's flexible. 

I like 771's as well, but they don't list one fora LF Tanfo ?????

17 hours ago, v1911 said:

FYI, the standard 360 ghost mag pouches are IDPA legal. Been using them for years with my 2011 and they're awesome.

Hoping I use them for the Lim Pro when the time comes. 

Will the Ghosts fit a 1 3/4 " belt ?

17 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I believe IDPA has a clause in the rulebook that states they must be removable without unthreading your belt.

You can thread on to your belt. However 8.6.2 C makes the Ghost illegal for IDPA because they're not solid across the face (the notch).

Just now, Jeff O said:

You can thread on to your belt. However 8.6.2 C makes the Ghost illegal for IDPA because they're not solid across the face (the notch).

I think you are allowed to modify them (cover the slot) to make them legal though.