Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

100 Round Stage For Be Forum Match

ErikW

Use Steel Challenge type Steel (no resetting), give the RO a clicker and count the misses (or be sadistic and count the hits). Only 2 Gun Bearers per shooter, to pick up clips or mags and reload mags if needed (coaching would add a click to the misses, he! he!). Use a pouch of some kind for the extra ammo, and sling it around your neck. No Major/Minor and make it a Jungle Run.

Sounds warped, but the "!WOW!" factor would make it a hit.

Dave

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East and West, that's cool! Everybody's happy. (Except the midwesterners.)

I've been bouncing ideas off ong45. He poo-pooed Outer Limits as too hard. I'd love to hear your ideas.

It's only a stage. You have nothing to fear but fear itself. Outer Limits is not too hard for BE Forum shooters. We can hit anything. ;)

I like the idea of non-USPSA/IPSC courses of fire in the BE forum match. So let's take it to extremes: a 100-round freestyle field course that may or may not exactly be 8 round friendly. Plenty of harder and farther targets mixed in with the in-your-face hosers. Plenty of places to pre-place magazines or--gulp--moon clips.

And yeah, I'm thinking of how to balance stage points. :huh:

Only three reloads for me (28 +1, 28, 28, 15) with 13 left over for extra shots!

We did this in 1995 as the last match at a range that was closing. Actually it was a 99 round stage because this is all the scoring system will allow. Single stacks guys all pooled their mags and used a big pouch to carry them in. lots of malfinctions as tight open guns would overheat and sieze up. It was interesting but i do not feel the need to try it again. Oh what the hell, yes I would.

There was a 100 round field course done at Ione three or four years ago, I think. I drove out to Sac just to do it.

Shooters were definitely gasping at the end - splits were, even for good shooters, up around the .3 range. And the hits at the end of the course were a whole lot worse than at the beginning, even though the targets were at about the same range, people were having that much trouble holding steady on the targets. And yes, there were a few burns from frying pan hot slides.

There were two assistant RO's, if I remember right, who followed behind the CRO and the shooter, scoring as they went, so that only the last array was left to be scored when the shooter went to ULASC.

It was kind of amusing, but not as much fun as it sounds.

300lbGorilla Posted Yesterday, 05:35 PM

We talking Outer Limits the SC stage? Puhlease... hard? Not exactly... but hard to shoot without aiming (ala Smokin' Dope)? Yep.

Hard for me :D i gotta try not to let my personal loathing for this stage show.

I figured smoke and hope and 5 to go would be more appropriate to introduce people new to SC without sending them (mostly me again) into depression with outer limits or pendulum. :angry:

James

btw we did a 120+ round stage in reno 3 or so years ago, bring loctite!!

We always do a 50-60 round stage with our yearly classifier match. Percision 40 has set up the last two and they are a blast. Of course he does have a sick mind but not as sick as mine when it comes to stage design.

How about a stage that you shoot a gun from every division. Start with a fully loaded open gun and then go Limited, L10, Production, and finish up with a revolver. Shoot every gun dry and ground it at a table before picking up the next gun and continuing on the course. That might be fun to see how you do with different guns on one course.

Dave

300lbGorilla Posted Yesterday, 05:35 PM

We talking Outer Limits the SC stage? Puhlease... hard? Not exactly... but hard to shoot without aiming (ala Smokin' Dope)? Yep.

Hard for me :D i gotta try not to let my personal loathing for this stage show.

I figured smoke and hope and 5 to go would be more appropriate to introduce people new to SC without sending them (mostly me again) into depression with outer limits or pendulum. :angry:

Roundabout, a needle and a hammer :)