JusticeOfToren

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Balakay said:

The rules for BUG changed but unlike CCP the barrel length has gotten shorter not longer. It is now less than 3.5 inches, down from 3.6 (previously 3.8).  Also, the maximum weight with an unloaded magazine is now 22 ounces, down from 29 ounces. 

Good catch. BUG is truly going to be small now. 

I really am surprised they went with PCC over carry optics. I guess some of y'all carry a SBR 

Something further regarding reloads:

3.6 Cover and Reloads

3.6.1 When the shooter runs the firearm empty in the open, the shooter may reload in the open and continue engaging

targets as needed or move to the next shooting position.

3.6.2 In stages with cover or concealment, shooters may reload standing still or on the move anytime as long as they

are not exposed to unengaged targets during the reload.

3.6.3 Dropping a loaded magazine or speed loader/moon clip does not incur a penalty as long as the shooter retrieves

and properly stows the loaded magazine or speed loader/moon clip prior to the firing of the last shot in the string

of fire.

3.6.4 Malfunction Clearing: When clearing a malfunction, the magazine or speed loader/moon clip and/or ammunition

that may have caused the malfunction does not need to be retained by the shooter and will incur no penalty if

dropped.

Barrel length for CCP for increased but height was reduced.

BUG-S had barrel, weight and OAL reduced.

The optional cover call has been removed from T2 and up.

Fault lines for Standards stages not scenerios? I may have misread that one.

PCC division with a 10" barrel minimum. (Lame)

I like the new and improved legal reloads.

Overall, I'm pleased with the changes with the exception of BUG-S. It effectively removes any 1911. Unless you get creative with the dremel. 

49 minutes ago, JusticeOfToren said:

Understood that slide lock reload is now the "preferred reload", but still need clarifications on whether the reload with retention is still considered IPDA legal reload thus can be used as long as facing no nonengaged targets.

It says you can't leave a mag behind with ammo in the chamber. I take that to mean if you retain the mag (not leaving it behind) and you're good. 

Questions:

Classifier times for PCC?

When is Chrono required? 

Comments:

Remove PCC (That's not what this game is about and I'm tired of buying trophies for folks who didn't compete against anyone else)

"2.2.1.1  Exception:  Some body types combined with some holster types makes it almost impossible to holster a firearm or remove the firearm from the holster without sweeping a portion of the shooter’s lower extremities.  Thus, a match Disqualification is not applicable for sweeping of the shooter’s own body below the belt while removing the firearm from the holster or holstering of the firearm, provided that the shooter’s trigger finger is clearly outside of the trigger guard.  However, once the muzzle of the firearm is clear of the holster on the draw, sweeping any part of the body is a Disqualification. Example: Sweeping one’s leg on a seated start is a DQ."

This is still written incorrectly and contradicts itself. If enforced as written most of the participants will be DQ on their first draw. Most folks draw with their feet shoulders width or wider apart.  When you draw your handgun it's really hard to not sweep your foot (or IDPA bod if one can't see their feet anymore), this rule needs to stop after the second sentence.

"2.2.3      Intentionally discharging the firearm at anything other than a target or an activator."

So if I pump a round into the berm to setup a reload I get DQ'd?  This rule is not necessary and does nothing that can not be done via the unsafe gun handling rule.

3.5.5.2 & 3.5.5.3 seem to tell shooters that you can either slice the pie or stand right in the middle of the window, seems like it will be hard for the SO to tell what the shooters intent is and what way it needs to be shot.  I think this adds unnecessary confusion.

5.2          Flagrant Penalty (FP) - Remove this entire section.  This is fixing something that is not broken.

I see a lot of positive changes in the rule book as well.  It is disheartening when we can't fix simple things like how to draw it makes life as a match director difficult.

23 minutes ago, Tokarev said:

Where's the harm in updating magazine capacities to reflect our current political environment? The 10rd ban is gone. Why not bump capacity to 15 or something?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Probably because in many states, there are mag capacity laws in place.

Ironically, those same states are already trying to all but eradicate AR style rifles and high (standard) capacity handguns.