Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Stupid Question - does large primer bar come with press

Earlier this year, I bought a 550 for 38 spl, and also caliber conversions for 9 mm and .45 acp (with powder measures, dies etc, the whole thing).

So far, I used it mainly for 38 and some 9 mm. This afternoon I was going to convert it to .45.

There is no primer bar (primer slide) for the large primers anywhere to be found. Does the press come with both, large and small bar??

It was set up with the small bar, and I went through all the stuff that came with it, and did not find a large primer bar.

Odd.....

Edited by RudyVey
clarification

There will be a little bag of parts for the machine that you hopefully will have saved. It is not an entire assembly, just the parts to switch it over. There are a lot of people who rather than switch the parts over with each conversion, would rather just buy a new primer assembly and make an easy and quick change.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, benos said:

38 Special is small primer.

And yes, that is odd, as 550's are pre-boxed with the large primer slide installed.

Truly odd, spoke with someone at Dillon and he told me the same, however, the press came only with one slide and this was the one installed. After I spoke with a supervisor, they agreed and sent me the missing slide. I am anal when it comes to parts for my presses, and everything is organized (in blue boxes!!) and labeled properly.

• 3 weeks later...