Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there such a thing of too lite of a trigger lb?

Muldune21

My old handgun, (i got well use to it) trigger was a touch below 3lbs. I got a new handgun and the trigger was at 1.75 lbs and to tell you the truth, the trigger felt awesome but shooting it at matches i shot poorly. I used the old handgun at 3lbs or so, and my misses were closer and i shot better. So I ask everyone, is this a case of, I just got use to the "old gun" or is it possible that a too lite of a trigger is a bad thing??????

Maybe. My trigger is right at 1.75#s also. There is a distinctive very short take-up prior to it breaking so, it very predictable. If there was no take-up then I might need more weight.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

All my 2011 are in the 1.75# range. It feels light till one gets used to it. What messes up a lot of peole is when they try to have zero take up and zero over travel. That's a recipe for full auto and other bad things .

Just shoot it more and you will get used to it . Then going back to the heavier pull wil be the issue .

Trigger weights for my competition 1911, 2011, CZ TS and 22lr race gun are all set at 2 lbs. I love them. My bullseye 1911 is set to 3.5 lb, because that is the minimum legal pull for 45, and I have trouble with it. It doesn't go off when I expect it to. Really, the problem is going back and forth. There is a readjustment period.

Getting an open gun made, not sure to leave it a 3lb or go to 2lb, it seems like the 3lb gives that hair bit longer and my misses aren't as bad, the 1.75 probably jumping on the trigger to early.

Mine is at 1.5 lb ( 700 grams)and i love it but it takes some time to get used to it .

Some never do so for them it is to lite , at the other end i know some one who has a 0.9 lb trigger and for him mine is heavy .

Edited by Tino2212