Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G17 gen Accuracy

Brucenterry

I need some direction. I have a gen 4 G17 that has poor accuracy. During a trading class, I had a nationally recognized pistol shooter confirm this using 4 different types of ammo. It shoots ~6" high left at 15 ft. I suspected the barrel, but a KKM barrel made no improvement. What else can I try. The locking block appears different from my gen2/3 so don't think I can switch those.

Thanks in Advance,

Bruce

I have been told that occasionally, some Glocks have a barrel locking block that is out of square. This can change the attitude of the barrel during lockup. I don't know if this is your problem or not, but if you choose to experiment, Lone Wolf sells a machined replacement for about $30.

There has been a known issue with some Gen 4 Glocks shooting extremely high and left out of the box, like 12" out at 10 yards. The West Coast Glock rep confirmed this. A local department just sent back several dozen G34 Gen 4s with this issue. Glock is aware of the issue. Send it back.

yeah first look at the groups. if it's shooting way off target but grouping great, try to adjust or replace sights. if it's grouping ugly, especially with other and great shooters, and with several factory ammo varieties, send it back.

Thanks 9X45 and Hbb I'll research those suggestions.

Regards,

Bruce

Yup, you can't fix 12" at 10 yards with adjustables, the guns messed up,Glock will make it right.

I would look at the sights first.

I dropped my Glock 43 the other day from about standing height, and it knocked the plastic rear sight noticeably to the left. I imagine that a less severe shift could happen that might not be as noticeable.