Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading in the summer

v1911

I'm not one of those fortunate people that can reload in a climate controlled environment. I get the joy of reloading in the un-insulated garage. It was already in the upper 70s by 7:30 this morning and 95% humidity. And today wasn't one of those easy "I've got everything ready to rock n roll". Nope. It was the "I've got some new powders to work up some loads" kind of day. Well I got about 8 of the 12 I had planned, done for the day. Going to try again Monday morning. Maybe 5am will be more forgiving. :unsure:

I'm "in the garage", also.

FAN ... Buy a nice size fan ... make sure it doesn't interfere with

your powder, and it really helps.

Still have to load early in the morning, though.

I try to load up extra ammi during the "winter" (65 F).

Yeah, I have a large box fan to move the air. But when I'm weighing charges, it can interfere with the scale. I also kill the music because the bass plays with the scale too. So at 8 in the morning, in the dead silence of the sweltering garage stands a sweating Puerto Rician in boxer briefs swearing at a scale and powder adjustment bolt.

Yeah, I have a large box fan to move the air. But when I'm weighing charges, it can interfere with the scale. I also kill the music because the bass plays with the scale too. So at 8 in the morning, in the dead silence of the sweltering garage stands a sweating Puerto Rician in boxer briefs swearing at a scale and powder adjustment bolt.

I'm getting an image of Al Pacino in Scarface.

I hate doing anything in the heat. Redheads are more sensitive to heat in general I believe. We had a nice day Friday and yesterday so I loaded 1100 I needed and that may be it till September. Even if I loaded in the house it wouldn't matter, I don't shoot when it's over 100.

Red

I'm screwed til October when it cools down. I was driving to work this morning and at 5:30am it was already 77 degrees out. My glasses fogged up as soon as I stepped out of my car.

As soon as I get done fiddling with these new powders I'll be able to set myself up to crank out rounds at a more productive rate. 2 weekends of reloading should get me through the summer.

Capital: San Juan

Location: Caribbean, island between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, east of the Dominican Republic.

Coordinates: 18°15'N, 66°30'W

Climate: Tropical Marine, average temperatures year round between 80 °F (26.7 °C) and 70 °F (21.1 °C).

I thought it would be warmer there than it turns out to be !

Capital: San Juan[/size]

Location: Caribbean, island between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, east of the Dominican Republic.

Coordinates: 18°15'N, 66°30'W

Climate: Tropical Marine, average temperatures year round between 80 °F (26.7 °C) and 70 °F (21.1 °C).

I thought it would be warmer there than it turns out to be !

That is a lie. I have worked in San Juan in the summertime many times over...it is absolutely brutal. It is always 100% humidity, and over 90 everyday in the dog days of summer.

It is 87 at 4:57pm in San Juan right now.

I recall vividly the day we built my reloading bench inside my hall closet (several years ago). It was 102 degrees outside and had been for a couple of days. I ran every fan I had and pointed them at the work area. We still perspired like there were no fans. The closet didn't help--an enclosed space, for the most part. It was just a stupidly, stupidly hot day. We didn't stand a chance. But it got done.

Yea I tried to get a bunch loaded up to get me through most of the summer. Nice idea until I started shooting way way more than I expected. Its back the the bench already. Gonna be a long hot summer loading for me.

Had another thunderstorm move through the area, Dropped the temperature to around 75 degrees.

I took the opportunity to load another 500 rds.

You can reload in the Texas Gulf Coast summer, You just gotta wait for the right conditions.

Yup, it was actually plesant yesterday. Hell of a system rolled over us, good for the garden & bermuda seed!