Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Creakote and Single Stack holsters

diver60540

I just had a gun Cerakoted. Prior to this one, I've only used stainless and hard chrome. My (admittedly ancient) Blade Tech is chewing up the Cerakoted at an alarming rate. Are the newer Blade Tec (and any other) kydex holsters less abusive to Cerakoted?

My wife is running Cerakoted 1911 in a new kydex holster, just not blade tec. It's showing some wear already and she doesn't practice near as much as I do.

I still like how the gun looks, and I doubt we could of done it any other way and get the look she wanted. May just need to get it redone in the off season, to keep it looking it's best.

Safariland 568 Customfit. suede lined might be worth a try I believe cheaply priced ($50) in the US, a couple of adjustment screws and your good to go can also be adjusted to fit many other models. Comes with a paddle or belt attachment or you can get either the BOSS hanger or the USPSA kit for them.

post-55266-0-48245500-1465419987_thumb.j

post-55266-0-33840500-1465420452_thumb.j

Edited by terrydoc

Safariland 568 Customfit. suede lined might be worth a try I believe cheaply priced ($50) in the US, a couple of adjustment screws and your good to go can also be adjusted to fit many other models. Comes with a paddle or belt attachment or you can get either the BOSS hanger or the USPSA kit for them.

If you use the belt loop attachment it doesn't carry high enough for single stack division. It's OK with the paddle, but the belt loop carries lower.

If you use the belt loop attachment it doesn't carry high enough for single stack division. It's OK with the paddle, but the belt loop carries lower.

Can you guy's use the Boss hanger or the USPSA hanger kit in SS? That would solve that issue.

The custom hangers are legal for single stack, but are they available for the Safariland? I prefer my holsters cut a little lower the front than that one. I shoot a Kydex model from Long's Shadow Holsters, it's cut as low as the rules permit.

A well cared for gun with honest holster wear is something to be proud of.

The custom hangers are legal for single stack, but are they available for the Safariland? I prefer my holsters cut a little lower the front than that one. I shoot a Kydex model from Long's Shadow Holsters, it's cut as low as the rules permit.

A well cared for gun with honest holster wear is something to be proud of.

yes you can get a Safariland hanger from the Stoeger shop

http://benstoegerproshop.com/safariland-boss-doh-holster-hanger-adapter-plate-olny/

Edited by terrydoc

Got two guns Cerakoted. Both are 1911s.

First has about three months of matches (about 12 matches total so far), minimal wear on muzzle, in magwell, on feedramp, along rear of ejection port, on the breechface, and top of slide as well as along front of dustcover.

Second I just got back, has about two matches. You can see where the holster rubs the top of the slide and the front of the muzzle but no wear yet.

I have a stainless Springfield 9mm 1911 and it shows wear at edge of slide at muzzle, along top (the bead blased part gets a polish were the holster rubs it), along the sides of the trigger guard and along the front of the dust cover. It doesn't stand out as much as on a painted gun, but there is wear. Again, gives the gun character.

Not a surprise, if you use it, it will show signs of this use. Like others, I kind of like the look of a well used (not abused) gun.

I also have some Glocks that show holster wear as well as an old Colt Army Special revolver.

Edited by robertg5322