Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Atlas Gunworks Open Gun

jrn1975

post-61205-0-27785600-1462913136_thumb.j

Hey everyone, I thought I would share my experience with Atlas Gunworks.

Late last year, I decided to move from production to limited so that meant that I needed to search for a new pistol. After reading all the reviews on this forum along with other research I settled on Atlas Gunworks. I called up Adam to discuss the details of a new build. He was very helpful and quite insightful. I must have been on the phone with him for 45 minutes discussing various options. By the end of the call, my order was placed. A month later, I contacted him again to have a limited pistol built for my wife who was getting into the sport. Again, Adam took all the time in the world to answer my questions.

Fast forward two months later while I wait for the build to begin, I have a crazy idea to go Open. Being so close to my build start date, I didn’t think it would be possible. I called Adam up to see if it would be a possibility and low and behold, he changed my request. We talked for a while and I gave him free rein to build the pistol any way that he wanted.

So as my pistol is being built, I figure why not build an open gun for the wife. So again, I called up Adam to see if that would be an option. I figured by this time, he would be sick of hearing from me. Nope.. again he discussed the build in depth and my only request was to make it very close to the gun he was building for me so I could use it as a back up.

Every email that I sent to him was replied to very quickly. Every time I called to discuss something with him, he always took the time to ensure my questions were answered.

Anyone who is looking to have a custom gun built should atleast take the time and give Atlas a call before making a decision.

On to the gun which arrived at my FFL on April 21st.

It is absolutely amazing. I have approximately 2000 rounds through it without a single malfunction. The fit and finish is right up there with my Nighthawk and Wilson Combat 1911s. The first time I pulled the slide back, I was amazed with how smoothly it unlocked. With a 169 PF load, it shoots extremely soft and flat. I truly don’t know what else anyone could ask for.

Definitely a beautiful pistol. I shot in your squad at the last competition (had the tanfoglio stock ii) and chatted with you a bit about it. I may want to take a closer look at it this weekend if it's not too much trouble. I am strongly considering having one built during the off season :)

Great looking gun there. Please tell us more about the gun. 9mm or 38s/sc any holes to n barrel.

Thanks.... The gun is in 9mm.

SVI aggressive Ergo Grip with the stainless competition XL magwell

SVI Trigger

EGW fire control parts

PT Frame

WC Thumb Safety

KKM Barrel with 2 holes

SVI Titanium Comp

8 MOA Cmore on offset mount

My current load is 124 precision delta over 7.3g of silhouette at 1.170. Right at 169 pf

Definitely a beautiful pistol. I shot in your squad at the last competition (had the tanfoglio stock ii) and chatted with you a bit about it. I may want to take a closer look at it this weekend if it's not too much trouble. I am strongly considering having one built during the off season :)

NP.. If you come out on Saturday for the setup or stay after we tear down the next match, we should be able to find some time to let you put some rounds through it....

Pictures of top of gun would be nice, fast barrel. Thanks

Not the best picture.. but you get the idea.. I was quite surprised when it made 169 PF at 7.3g of silhouette. I was expecting to be around 8.

post-61205-0-54945200-1462989408_thumb.j

Just wanted to add a plus one for Adam at Atlas. He did a limited Apeiro for me that is just awesome. Need to find more work for him. Great looking open gun! When my eyes finally go that'll be my next stop. Hopefully that's a few decades away.

Here is a quick picture of the wife's build. It is currently at finish and should be done in the next couple of weeks. She wanted something more "girly" so Adam found a refinish company that will do the slide, frame, and magwell in pvd Titanium Rainbow.. Should be interesting once it is finished. :roflol: It is basically the same gun with the exception of the SVI smooth ergo grip. This will end up being my backup at major matches.

post-61205-0-65927000-1463141358_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

I will say the gun does not photograph well but it looks amazing in person. We had a chance to put some rounds through it this weekend. 100% function and amazingly accurate. It shoots very soft and the dot movement is minimal.

The wife was very happy with the way it turned out. If I can find a way to get a "good" picture of it I will post it up.