Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 9mm Eagle 2011

45 Raven

Aggressive undercut grip, clean up the trigger just a bit and run it!! I love my edge runs like a champ!!!

Same advice for the Eagle as applies to your Edge, correct?

Edited by 45 Raven

If you can find one for a good price the FDE Hex Tactical is slightly nicer than the marauder. It's the same base gun, but also comes with a tri-topped slide and hex serrations in the front and rear of the slide. The hexes look great and they are incredibly grippy. The newer black Hex Tacticals don't come with an adjustable rear.

NIB 9mm STI Eagle 2011. 5" barrel.

To be used for IDPA ESP and Limited in steel (no major/minor PF).

After a front fiber optic sight, what other changes/additions/modifications are recommended?

This depends on how far you want to go. If you just want to make it acceptable, then you will need to get a different magwell or grind the sides flat to make it IDPA legal. After that, as long as you have the correct mag button you are good to go. If you want to go further and still keep it IDPA legal, I would install EGW trigger components and have them tuned. I would also install an 8lb recoil spring and 15lb mainspring. If you want to optimize it as a steel gun, I would change the trigger components, disable the grip safety, replace the mainspring housing and change the springs.

Edited by WYgunner

Tri top the slide, trigger job, STI tactical magwell, double undercut and stipple grip.

Mostly just shoot the hell out of it and change things that suite your tastes and preferences.

Love mine!

STI%20Eagle%201%201.jpg

If that started as a stock Eagle that's the best looking one I've seen yet :).

But yeah - undercut trigger guard and stippled grip I'd highly recommend. Trigger job and go shoot it. For USPSA I like an oversized mag release button but for IDPA you can't use that and for steel it's pointless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you are sticking with the plastic grip, then undercut for sure. I'm running the PT aggressive and absolutely love it.

What does it weigh with the PT grip?

I will get batteries for my scale and weigh it again, I think it was like 45oz lol