Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The "400" USPSA Match Announcement

Just now, ctay said:

Wonder what kind of deal I could get on a last minute plane ticket? And a new wife since the one I have would leave me for traveling for another match...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bring her and the kids, Louisville has a ton of stuff to do

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been for the last several years that Rich Dettelhouser of Canyon Creek Custom Guns 
( http://www.canyoncreekcustom.com/

)has taken a firearm or a box of parts, usually a mix of donated stuff and built us a gun or two for the match. We have had some pretty cool things that he has sent our way that we have raffled off. 
This year we are getting two amazing looking guns, the first is a full custom Limited build with parts donated by Nowlin Arms and other parts purchased at cost from Brazo's for Rich to turn into one bad ass looking Limited gun. 
The other started out as a Springfield Range Officer purchased through the Springfield Armory Top Gun program. What you see is what Rich can do with that as a base gun.
I would recommend bringing a few bucks to get in on a chance to win one of these beauties.

IN-400-1.jpg

IN-400-2.jpg

IN-400-3.jpg

IN-400-4.jpg

3 hours ago, JakeMartens said:

Bring her and the kids, Louisville has a ton of stuff to do

Kristen just shot this down when she saw me going through the match book. "What? 15? You can't do caddyshack and stop at 15 stages! He needs to fit three more short stages in there somewhere!"

Maybe next year when you are a little more true to the canon. 

Looks like a great match!

Just now, ctay said:

Kristen just shot this down when she saw me going through the match book. "What? 15? You can't do caddyshack and stop at 15 stages! He needs to fit three more short stages in there somewhere!"

Maybe next year when you are a little more true to the canon. 

Looks like a great match!

Damn, caught 

It was not the original theme, but I could not get "those" stage names approved 

5 hours ago, e-mishka said:

Competitors will not be able to walk stages on Thursday, is that correct?

Will there be any water provided ?

Thanks

"Silver Creek is a private club, the range is closed on Thursday. There will be 4 hours to view stages Friday morning"

"Schedule of Events

Sept 8th Thursday Range is closed"

From the last note I got from practiscore, so it looks like you nailed it. Have not seen anything about water. 

I'm guessing that 'he who must be obeyed' is looking at a hectic day Thursday just doing all the stuff that comes up last minute & getting the staff through 12 stages and instructed and redirected for cancelations,  and yada yada ad infinitum. Could just be about staff shoots being clothing optional again this year though. 

8 hours ago, e-mishka said:

Competitors will not be able to walk stages on Thursday, is that correct?

Will there be any water provided ?

Thanks

5 gallon Igloo coolers with ice water will be at every stage. Bring a reusable container for ice water. Disposable cups will not be provided.

Another great "400" match from Jake and team.  Special thanks should go to everyone who braved the hot/wet weather to set up those 15 cool stages and to the RO staff who put up with the weather to give this match to all of us competitors.  Please do it again next year!

Awesome match! This was my first major match, and I could not have asked for a better time. Thank you to Jake, all of the staff, and the sponsors for putting in all of the work that it takes to have a well run match like this one. 

Once again the best Major Match of the year for me by far. Special thanks to Jake Martens, SNS Casting & the entire staff & sponsors that continue to put the best match together that all others strive for. I'll give him a break on his Stage 10 & most stages un-friendly to us Lefties but I'm so use to it I just put up with the abuse (a little inside joke). Can't wait until what Jake comes up with next year, & a little icing on the cake I even won a gun:D

41 minutes ago, hvsmith said:

Once again the best Major Match of the year for me by far. Special thanks to Jake Martens, SNS Casting & the entire staff & sponsors that continue to put the best match together that all others strive for. I'll give him a break on his Stage 10 & most stages un-friendly to us Lefties but I'm so use to it I just put up with the abuse (a little inside joke). Can't wait until what Jake comes up with next year, & a little icing on the cake I even won a gun:D

You are going to love me even more when I tell you what you won...

Check you email