Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Delta Point Pro, first thoughts...

Shadyscott999

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No drama with original DP slide mounted, just worked (last 2 years on ported open minor slide and now CO slide). But it was a pain to change batteries (gotta make sure everything clean/loctite so it doesn't shake loose) and if you needed to tweak zero (not often), that wasn't super quick compared to how easy it is with DP Pro. I love how low the original sits on a milled slide, but I'm totally fine with new version on the open gun ... so now that CO Natl is done going back to open for a bit so excited to run DP Pro (Cheely mount) and see how it goes. (and have one on my .223 in combination with the D-EVO 4x - no problems at all on the rifle).

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Edited by trgt

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Rodrigo001 said:

Have anyone tried the Everglade mount yet? How is it compared with the Cheely Custom, lower or the same? The scope is in the center of the slide or a litle to the left as the Chelly?

Thanks.

I've got one of the Everglades mounts.  I can't compare it to a Cheely, but it seems to sit in the middle of the slide.

IMG_20161007_171209_zpsprfnep6k.jpg

20161007_170920_zps9kib9ofc.jpg

Edited by TennJeep1618
formatting

• 2 weeks later...
Have anyone tried the Everglade mount yet? How is it compared with the Cheely Custom, lower or the same? The scope is in the center of the slide or a litle to the left as the Chelly?

Thanks.

I ended up with another DPP and Cheely mount to compare to the Everglades mount. Hopefully these pictures will help give you an idea of the difference.

Cheely:

af30fb4c547dc2fc8eab881d2a72e746.jpg

c7fbd35730db835e7b0ce39e536a0ca3.jpg

fe88623a2c3e186edc85efe64bd3e5d1.jpg

Everglades:

ba631bfc7fddd87a9e5bd01ce2b26740.jpg

20b4356e99aac3b746e7dedd83395ffe.jpg

17be485584b81a36746ac44229aa68e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I was leaving my DPP on for the entire match. Its alot faster that what at LMR.   I did loose my battery in the midest of a stage at Nats . I did change the battery before such a big match. I got a bad batch. So check them, Just sharing.. But this has been my only issue and should be the only issues anyone will have with a Leupold. 

Edited by a matt

I had the same issue at A3, had been on the same battery for months, figured I should change it before a big match.  I changed it and then proceeded to watch 4 batteries run dead in minutes. Borrowed a new Sony battery and haven't changed it since.  Moral of the story, buy the .28 cent batteries instead of the $.12 cent ones and you won't have issues.  

I think I'm going to checkout those SONY batteries...Thank for that tip!!

On November 16, 2016 at 10:27 PM, drewbeck said:

I had the same issue at A3, had been on the same battery for months, figured I should change it before a big match.  I changed it and then proceeded to watch 4 batteries run dead in minutes. Borrowed a new Sony battery and haven't changed it since.  Moral of the story, buy the .28 cent batteries instead of the $.12 cent ones and you won't have issues.  

39 minutes ago, B_Seehawer said:

http://www.eurooptic.com/119688-Leupold-Delta-Point-Pro-Reflex-Sight-Matte-25-MOA-Dot-.aspx?footer_link

This is gonna be the RTS killer. Price always kept me away, not anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTS2 killer?  It's okay, I suppose, but they're going to have to ditch the tiny 2.5 moa dot and establish a real record of wins before it moves that far up on the list.

RTS2 v4 is working just fine for me (and many friends), is seeing converts, and has major wins this year (Open & CO, to start).

RTS2 killer?  It's okay, I suppose, but they're going to have to ditch the tiny 2.5 moa dot and establish a real record of wins before it moves that far up on the list.

RTS2 v4 is working just fine for me (and many friends), is seeing converts, and has major wins this year (Open & CO, to start).

Oh, I loved my RTS.

When it worked or when it wasn't being repaired.

I don't own either... in the market though.
I see the rts2 has a 5mm taller window than the dpp.
Even at a reduced price, it can't "kill" the rts2.
Closest match in size to the rts2 is the new romeo3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, B_Seehawer said:

Oh, I loved my RTS.

When it worked or when it wasn't being repaired.

Oh, that's clever.  No wonder you're promoting the DP.  

I'd buy another RTS2 in a minute.  If needed C-More will upgrade it to v4 and we're good to go.  I trust them completely now.

The RTS2 was a good stop gap to the DPP when it worked.  The DPP has been good to go out of the box and we didn't have to beta test it for Leupold.  The DPP is brighter and more robust that the RTS2 will ever be.  The problems do seem to finally be fixed with the RTS2 but at the chagrin of many customers who got their ass kicked by it for 2 years